You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Urweltmuseum Hauff in Holzmaden / Germany

Started by postsaurischian, April 05, 2016, 07:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I am so glad to announce that I will be going there at the end of this month!  My family and I will be visiting friends there who live only 40 or so kilometres away from that museum!  I am looking forward to my visit at both the friends and the museum!

Lanthanotus

Wish you a good time there, Libraraptor, would sure like to go there once too :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 11, 2018, 04:20:06 PM
Wish you a good time there, Libraraptor, would sure like to go there once too :)
Thank you, I plan to write a little report on my visit here.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 10, 2018, 11:17:56 PM
I am so glad to announce that I will be going there at the end of this month!  .......
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 11, 2018, 05:07:42 PM
....... I plan to write a little report on my visit here.

:) Thats cool. I'm really looking forward to it!

I bet you'll get yourself a real classic: "Das Holzmadenbuch" by Bernhard Hauff and Rolf Bernhard Hauff.
      It's such a beautiful book - I couldn't resist. You'll love it.

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 13, 2018, 02:56:57 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 10, 2018, 11:17:56 PM
I am so glad to announce that I will be going there at the end of this month!  .......
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 11, 2018, 05:07:42 PM
....... I plan to write a little report on my visit here.

:) Thats cool. I'm really looking forward to it!

I bet you'll get yourself a real classic: "Das Holzmadenbuch" by Bernhard Hauff and Rolf Bernhard Hauff.
      It's such a beautiful book - I couldn't resist. You'll love it.

Thanks for the recommendation!  Do you know If they sell any figures there?

Libraraptor

Yesterday I was in Holzmaden! I even dug up some Ammonites myself!  As soon as I have a keyboard and a right PC I will write about the trip.  For now the following pictures can give you a first impression:

postsaurischian

:D Wow! They have been updating quite a lot during the last two years.
      Thanks for posting these pictures. Stefan!

It's amazing that you can still find any fossils there. Well done!

Greetings from the Steinbruch ;D !

I love the contented smile of the Plateosaurus :)

SidB

Jose S.M.

Another great looking museum! nice photos, the reconstructions are very nice, that Plateosaurus on the outside looks imposing and the sea creatures and pterosaurs look great too.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.