News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My first to real dioramas

Started by Ramose, April 13, 2018, 04:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramose

Hello all,
I thought I'd share these two dioramas I've built.  They are really the first from scratch dioramas I've built (the previous ones were made by placing models and trees outdoors and photographing them).  The Jurassic diorama I made during the spring of 2017 and the Cretaceous pine forest I finished just last week.  I hope you all enjoy them. 

Halichoeres

That looks good! Is the Allosaurus the Favorite Paint-Your-Own model?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ramose

Ramose

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

All the dinosaurs are shapeways models.  The Allosaurus is by GNModels
https://www.shapeways.com/product/AVUJBKNPE/allosaurus-1-72-scale?optionId=43084034&li=marketplace

Jose S.M.

Those dioramas are great, very good job.

Mini Minmi

Those look great! I love how you have integrated natural elements, like the sand and the branches. I'm especially fond of the pine forest. Are you planning a 3rd one for the contest?

Ramose

Quote from: Mini Minmi on April 13, 2018, 04:45:57 PM
Those look great! I love how you have integrated natural elements, like the sand and the branches. I'm especially fond of the pine forest. Are you planning a 3rd one for the contest?
Thank you very much! Possibly, it depends a lot on time etc.

acro-man

Really great.
If you put it in the natural setting it will look more plausible
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

MoarCrossovers

I'd love to know where you got your plants from.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ramose on April 13, 2018, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

All the dinosaurs are shapeways models.  The Allosaurus is by GNModels
https://www.shapeways.com/product/AVUJBKNPE/allosaurus-1-72-scale?optionId=43084034&li=marketplace

Thanks! I should have guessed from the longer tail if nothing else.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ramose

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on April 13, 2018, 06:01:15 PM
I'd love to know where you got your plants from.
I actually posted about this in your thread on plants but the majority of my plants are either made by me or come from Scenic Express (http://www.sceneryexpress.com/).  As I said there's a bit more in your thread.  Hope that helps :)

Dinomike

I really like the parasaurolophus one! Well done!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Lone Trike

Wow, great dioramas! I like the cretaceous pine forest even better, than the first one!
My question about the dinosaur models you use is now answered ;)
But what about the scale you work with? They actually look quite small!
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

Ramose

Quote from: Lone Trike on April 14, 2018, 05:47:48 PM
Wow, great dioramas! I like the cretaceous pine forest even better, than the first one!
My question about the dinosaur models you use is now answered ;)
But what about the scale you work with? They actually look quite small!

They are quite small, each is 1:72nd scale.

Lone Trike

Quote from: Ramose on April 14, 2018, 07:03:01 PM
They are quite small, each is 1:72nd scale.
That´s really quite small! But nice work! They definitely look bigger on the pictures.
Regarding the leaves I wanne make, I think mostly cycads, glossopteris and maybe magnolia. I also want to make araucaria trees.
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.