News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hasbro could get the Jurassic Park licence back

Started by IrritatorRaji, November 11, 2017, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

http://deadline.com/2017/11/hasbro-bids-for-rival-mattel-1202206096/

"Hasbro has made a bid to take over toy aisle rival Mattel in a deal that would bring together the leading makers of entertainment-themed consumer products, from Disney princesses to DC superheroes."

Thoughts?

Flaffy

Mattel better not let Hasbro get the licence back, god those Hasbro-saurs were horrible, even for JP standards.

Shadowknight1

Not to mention killing the quality on many of their other lines.  Hasbro only dumps quality into Star Wars.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Faelrin

I doubt it considering Mattel seems to have stuff in the works for their toyline, alongside other products. Why would they have taken up the license so fast last year if not to prevent Hasbro from having it again? Aside from that short article, is there any other info on this? I'm really skeptical about this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Sounds to me more like Hasbro might be buying Mattel as a whole, in which case don't worry, the same thing happened with Kenner long before they even made the first JP line. It wouldn't make sense should Hasbro actually buy/merge with Mattel to just destroy them as a brand let alone scrap what they're already making.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Faelrin on November 11, 2017, 06:22:58 PM
I doubt it considering Mattel seems to have stuff in the works for their toyline, alongside other products. Why would they have taken up the license so fast last year if not to prevent Hasbro from having it again? Aside from that short article, is there any other info on this? I'm really skeptical about this.

Google it, there's loads of articles

Roselaar

Please no. Hasbro should stay very far from the Jurassic franchise, even if they still let Mattel run things by itself.

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Loon

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 11, 2017, 02:51:01 PM
Not to mention killing the quality on many of their other lines.  Hasbro only dumps quality into Star Wars.
The Quality of their star wars products has decline severely in recent years

Syndicate Bias

I think Mattel made Max Steel. Can't remember but if so. Those toys were quality stuff like the old jp stuff. Seems like.old toys are better than the modern ones these days

CityRaptor

Probably due to changes in the toy industry. Read somewhere that the time kids play with toys is shorter. And of course Hasbro is cheap. So are parents, who are more likely to buy cheaper stuff.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.