News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wayne Toy Show in New Jersey, USA

Started by Halichoeres, August 24, 2018, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Attention members on the US East Coast, especially around New York and Philadelphia, there's a toy and collectibles show that takes place the first Sunday of every month in Wayne, New Jersey (suburban New York). I'll have a table at the upcoming show on 2nd September, come say hi! I'll have plenty of dino goodies to unload.

More info:

https://www.waynenjtoyshow.com/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

laticauda

That sounds fun.  It would be around an eight hour drive for me and if I had more time I would consider going but school is starting and I have a soccer game that day. 

Halichoeres

Quote from: laticauda on August 25, 2018, 06:19:03 AM
That sounds fun.  It would be around an eight hour drive for me and if I had more time I would consider going but school is starting and I have a soccer game that day.

Too bad! Maybe another time. :) If it's fun/successful I'll probably go again.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Hope to see some of you guys this Labor Day Weekend! Show starts at 8 and I hope to leave with many fewer toys than I arrive with.

Lizerd

Crap, school starts for me on labor day but nobody would notice if one of the top students disappeared for just a day  ::) yeah they would... shame. When will the next one be, this is something I want to look into.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Halichoeres

Your school starts on Labor Day? I find that sacrilegious. The show is the first Sunday of every month, but I probably won't go every month. My classes don't start until the day after Labor Day.

Lizerd

Wait one sec, yeah it starts just a day after BUT IT FEELS like it starts on labor day  :))
gotta check this out some more, though from where I live its a long drive
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/

Halichoeres

This show was a giant bust! I didn't even make enough to cover my registration fee or transportation costs (let alone both together). Seems like the show is just for people who want Funko Pop, Star Wars figures, and superheroes. People who asked for replica-style figures by name all asked for Schleich, which was salt in the wound.

Lizerd

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 03, 2018, 09:30:22 PM
This show was a giant bust! I didn't even make enough to cover my registration fee or transportation costs (let alone both together). Seems like the show is just for people who want Funko Pop, Star Wars figures, and superheroes. People who asked for replica-style figures by name all asked for Schleich, which was salt in the wound.
Good thing I didn't go then, that would have sucked

Ravonium

To be fair, I didn't expect a professional scientific collector to have much success in a toy show that would be filled with collectors in more mainstream hobbies (I'm speaking in terms of a relative scale, before anyone points out that there aren't many mainstream collecting hobbies anyway  ;) ). Don't fret though, at least you know better than to stoop to the level of asking for Schleich figures  ;D

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Just a quick question, did you have any rules as to what you deemed profitable? Or did you just try to sell off everything you had lying around? I saw the pictures you posted on your trades/sales thread, and I'm assuming the answer to my original question was the latter. In that case, looking at some of the things you were selling, it's a shame that I don't live near where it happened  :(  I would have bought a lot of the things you were selling in a heartbeat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lizerd on September 03, 2018, 09:38:01 PM

No, you should have gone, you could have bought my entire stock! :)

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium: I was just trying to empty my closet, and the organizer definitely made it sound like I would have a market, but maybe he assumed I'd be selling JWFK stuff (more cynically, as the recipient of my registration fee, he had incentive to mislead me). The bright side for everyone here on the forum is that nearly all that stuff on the tables is still available, just haven't made the time to take photos for the trade thread. I guess this is a small enough hobby that not many places have sufficient numbers to make a show worth it. But I figured if anyplace would, it would be suburban New York.

Libraraptor

Wait,  there were actually people asking for SCHLEICH ?!

IrritatorRaji

People who asked for replica-style figures by name all asked for Schleich, which was salt in the wound.

That's just insulting...

Lizerd

I don't like
Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2018, 11:06:13 PM
Who would want Schleich?!? Those things are.. eiigghhh

Syndicate Bias

That CollectA Carcharodontosaurus tempts me

Lizerd

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 03, 2018, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: Lizerd on September 03, 2018, 09:38:01 PM

No, you should have gone, you could have bought my entire stock! :)
Wait what was your stock? Statues of lizards? Or statues of cool dinosaurs? Maybe next year I will go
(I spent today making a diorama so no regrets  :D )

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2018, 11:06:13 PM

And one of them clearly didn't know how to pronounce it, asking for "Schletch" as if to rhyme with "retch," which is appropriate.

avatar_Lizerd @Lizerd dinosaurs of all kinds. The only lizards were a few mosasaurs.

Lizerd

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres ahh I see, maybe next year or we can do an east coast dtf meetup  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.