You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Earth108 Repainted Works : Favorite Co., Ltd

Started by earth108, July 18, 2018, 06:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hi,

I have a quite long break from the forum due to works and raising my daughter. I'm starting a separated repainting thread by Companies so It would be easier to update and group the same brands in the same threads. I'm starting with Favorite Co. from Japan.

This is a repainted 1/24 scale Allosaurus statue sculpted by Michael Trcic. It made of polyresin and comes with a solid wooden base. This made the whole piece quite heavy and difficult for me to hold it while painting in different directions.
Note that I did't pull the plastic seal on the brass nameplate off yet. Also I had a chance to get 2 of them so I took a comparison pictures between the original factory finish and my repainted piece. 
Feel free to comments as always. ^-^

Face

Base

Comparison with original factory job

ceratopsian

I had missed seeing your repaints!  Beautiful detailed work, as always.

Lanthanotus

Amazing, even on the close ups the paint job looks so vivid and natural. I especially like how you gave respect to the original paint job and worked it into your style.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 18, 2018, 08:46:17 AM
... I especially like how you gave respect to the original paint job and worked it into your style.
My thoughts exactly - couldn't have rephrase it any better.

Jose S.M.

That's a big improvement over the original. Great job!

Halichoeres

Beautiful. It's almost like what the stock paint job aspired to be.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

earth108

Thank you very much guys. I have several projects in progress. Hope to finish and update everything soon :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.