News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Yale Recieves $160 Million Gift for Peabody Museum

Started by Sinornis, August 28, 2018, 10:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinornis

This has been a long time coming! Believe it or not, if I traveled back forty-years to when I was a kid, The Great Hall of Dinosaurs at the Peabody Museum would not have changed one bit from today. To say this as politely as possible, about freaking time! 

The Peabody Museum, founded in 1866, is home to about 13 million objects — fossils, dinosaur skeletons, minerals and meteorites, and scientific instruments among them — from more than four billion years of history. See NY Times article below;

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/arts/design/peabody-museum-yale-gift.html

https://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

IrritatorRaji

This is wonderful news! A lot of people think museums are overflowing with cash, and this really couldn't be further from the truth. Great to see this beautiful museum get some much needed tlc!

DinoToyForum

Doug Watson

"The museum's collection of dinosaur and mammal skeletons will also be remounted as a part of the project to reflect scientists' current understanding of their behavior."

That is good to see since I know from experience that some museums' leadership can be very good at frittering away money.

ceratopsian

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.