News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Conodonts!

Started by PaleoMatt, December 05, 2015, 03:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

I just learnt about these weird critters today and omg they are cute. 

Halichoeres

They are adorable, except their teeth!

I'd love to have some toy versions.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Of all groups of animals, it would be nice to see one finally made as a toy--not even Kaiyodo has come through on that one.

Where were the models inthe picture from?

deanm

They are pretty interesting animals.  Also no decent non-overly technical books on these critters. 

Avoid the book by Simon Keel called "The Great Fossil Enigma: The Search for the Conodont Animal" - it has very limited information on conodonts. if you like museum & paleontogist history/biography then you will probably like it.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: SBell on December 05, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
Of all groups of animals, it would be nice to see one finally made as a toy--not even Kaiyodo has come through on that one.

José Vitor E. da Silva, he is on divinatory, he has done a ton of these small models

http://vitor-silva.deviantart.com
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: insecticon678 on December 05, 2015, 11:38:29 PM

José Vitor E. da Silva, he is on divinatory, he has done a ton of these small models

Dang, those are some expensive models! I guess it's because they're made to order. They're all really well made, and i was considering getting one, until i saw the price ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on December 05, 2015, 11:51:28 PM

Dang, those are some expensive models! I guess it's because they're made to order. They're all really well made, and i was considering getting one, until i saw the price ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

While $70US is a lot, I am sure there are more expensive ones out there! But i have no idea of their size, so maybe 70 is a lot for what it is.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: insecticon678 on December 06, 2015, 02:51:29 AM
Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on December 05, 2015, 11:51:28 PM

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

While $70US is a lot, I am sure there are more expensive ones out there! But i have no idea of their size, so maybe 70 is a lot for what it is.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the image say they're 40,000 US dollars? If it's true they're only 70 US dollars i would definitely buy them, but i don't think they're that cheap.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on December 06, 2015, 05:23:49 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the image say they're 40,000 US dollars? If it's true they're only 70 US dollars i would definitely buy them, but i don't think they're that cheap.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
It says they are $40.00 US.
http://vitor-silva.deviantart.com/art/Paleo-Brazil-Collection-505901934

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

CityRaptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 05, 2015, 07:11:28 PM
They are adorable, except their teeth!

I'd love to have some toy versions.

I don't think there is a market for them outside of collectors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

If they are $70 US, converting from Brazilian currency, I'm getting them! I worked with 'donts for my Master's and Doctoral degrees. Hours spent picking conodont elements justifies the expense.

Paleogene Pals

Actually, the 'donts cost 90.00 Brazilian Reals which converts to around $24 US.

SBell

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on December 07, 2015, 06:15:41 AM
Actually, the 'donts cost 90.00 Brazilian Reals which converts to around $24 US.

It lists a separate USD price, rather than just converting, at $40 for the conodonts. Maybe that includes postage?

Chad

I think  postage is separate and will have to be arranged with Vitor, the artist. I couldn't resist these so I ordered a few today. It's always exciting to add to my Permian and Triassic collection. The Sacisaurus is a highlight  for me. And the conodonts. Where else will I ever get a conodont?

Paleogene Pals

In my excitement, I did not see the English page. It is $40, shipping not included. Still, a heckuva deal for a piece of paleoart on a rare subject.

antorbitalfenestrae

I know I've read about these guys somewhere before, but I can't remember where! They're super cool and cute though...

stemturtle

Conodonts by Vitor Silva, unidentified species, Devonian
Longest specimen is about 5.25 inches or 13.3 cm.
These vertebrates are more derived than lampreys, but more basal than the agnathan fishes.

Link to Vitor's website:
http://vitorsilvapaleoartista.blogspot.com/search/label/Devoniano
Each order is made by hand. An order is placed in a queue. My turn came up in about 9 months.
The set of 3 conodonts is offered with a set of 4 trilobites as a package deal for $50.
I paid $35 postage to Minnesota.

I recommend this artist. Great communication. Excellent art.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting yours, avatar_stemturtle @stemturtle! I have a set on order from Mr. Silva myself and I'm very eager to add them to my shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.