You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Cambrian (and some Ediacaran) Collection

Started by Paleo & Fish Collector, March 13, 2020, 04:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo & Fish Collector

Not the most beautiful photos or best lighting, but this'll do for now. Here's a list:

Kinto Favorite:
Anomalocaris (Yellow)
Anomalocaris (Blue)
Opabinia
Wiwaxia
Hallucigenia
Marrella
Canadaspis
Olenoides
Pikaia

Safari Ltd:
Vauxia
Charniodiscus
Anomalocaris
Naraoia
Ottoia
Tricepicephalus
Sidneyia
Sanctacaris
Wild Safari Sea Life Jellyfish

COG Ltd / Tedco Toys:
Opabinia
Hallucigenia
Aysheaia
Ottoia
Pikaia

ROM Primeval Predators:
Laggania
Opabinia
Wiwaxia
Pikaia
Olenoides

Yowie:
Mawsonites
Dickinsonia
Wiwaxia

Colorata:
Olenoides
Anomalocaris

Kaiyodo:
Opabinia

K&M:
Sea Nettle

Yujin:
Kimberella

Bullyland:
Modocia

Shapeways:
Hyolithid

American Educational Products:
Obolella

CollectA:
Olenoides

Innovative Kids:
Opabinia

3D-printed by a friend:
Tribrachidium

Libraraptor

Crackington

What a marvellous collection, great to see them altogether. Looks like a palaeozoic safari park!

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Fortunate you who have the collection of primitive Predators ROM that collection for me is inaccessible since I cannot get it from Canada (I spoke with the Museum that sold it). I congratulate you on your figures. The marine creatures of the Cambrian era are very interesting animals even if they are invertebrates. I am sincerely glad for the very complete collection of Cambrian invertebrates although you lack the oversized opabinia and hallucigenia of Favorite Soft Model and the hallucigenia vinyl model. Anyway it is one of the extensive collections of the Cambrian era that I have seen in the DTF. Beautiful collection !!!

Faelrin

What a beautiful assortment. That's like nearly every single figure made from the Cambrian period (and the Ediacaran) so far too (really only a couple I can think of that are missing), and all together. While perhaps not intended this also serves as a wonderful size comparison for most of these as well, which is really helpful to me as I only have the Yowie Anomalocaris and Safari Ltd Cambrian Life Toob so far, but many of these have been on my wishlist for a while (I'll get to them eventually, but at least I have patience to wait). Thank you for sharing.

Edit: Much of my favorite fauna from the Paleozoic era are from the Cambrian period as well, so all the more reason I find this collection appealing.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Great collection and they are nicely displayed with that background

Paleo & Fish Collector

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 14, 2020, 03:36:01 PM
Great collection and they are nicely displayed with that background

Thank you! The background is fish tank backdrop that can be bought at a pet store. I originally bought it for my modern coral reef that I use to display (but haven't due to space limitations).

Quote from: Faelrin on March 14, 2020, 01:44:28 AM
What a beautiful assortment. That's like nearly every single figure made from the Cambrian period (and the Ediacaran) so far too (really only a couple I can think of that are missing), and all together. While perhaps not intended this also serves as a wonderful size comparison for most of these as well, which is really helpful to me as I only have the Yowie Anomalocaris and Safari Ltd Cambrian Life Toob so far, but many of these have been on my wishlist for a while (I'll get to them eventually, but at least I have patience to wait). Thank you for sharing.

Edit: Much of my favorite fauna from the Paleozoic era are from the Cambrian period as well, so all the more reason I find this collection appealing.

Thank you so much! I have every official toy made for the Ediacaran, but I do know there's a few more out there in 3D-printed form. As far as the Cambrian period goes, I'm only missing haikouella. I'm glad this photo helps you, as I am picky about size and any reference I can get when seeking to purchase an animal figure helps. The Cambrian period is also my favorite period of life on our planet, which is why I have it separate from the rest of the Paleozoic (I have an Ordovician thru Permian reef).

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 13, 2020, 09:01:30 PM
Fortunate you who have the collection of primitive Predators ROM that collection for me is inaccessible since I cannot get it from Canada (I spoke with the Museum that sold it). I congratulate you on your figures. The marine creatures of the Cambrian era are very interesting animals even if they are invertebrates. I am sincerely glad for the very complete collection of Cambrian invertebrates although you lack the oversized opabinia and hallucigenia of Favorite Soft Model and the hallucigenia vinyl model. Anyway it is one of the extensive collections of the Cambrian era that I have seen in the DTF. Beautiful collection !!!

I got the ROM figures a REALLY long time ago now. I was 11 years old when I bought it and now I am 19 going on 20. I'm flattered by the perceived completeness of my collection. I don't have the larger Cambrian animals because I am a strictly small animal collector.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.