News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sivatherium giganteum made by me

Started by Joan Milelire, March 15, 2018, 06:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joan Milelire

Hello friends,
I'm an animal sculptor that uses to write in STSforum, but my last creation is a Sivatherium giganteum and I thought that maybe somebody could be interested here  :))
It's a 1:24 scale model and 14'5cm lenght and 11'5cm tall.
You can buy the model here: www.likaonmodels.com
Here are some pictures, I hope you like it :)

PlesiosaurusNessy

Very welcome to the DTF, nice to read from you ! A wonderful Sivatherium, I like prehistoric mammals!
Have a nice time here and find new dinosaur collecting friends, new sculptors are always welcome to
create new models for the prehistoric world...
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Jose S.M.

Hey that's a great sculpt!I like it's head sculpt a lot.

Simon

Wonderful sculptures, just one complaint about the website - it takes a long time to load, and the photos especially just seem to "spin wheels" for a long time before the pictures appear. 

I know we're all "boxed in" by the new "mobile-device-friendly" web-design software (that has largely ruined the enjoyment of the internet).  So there may not be any better options for you, in terms of website designs. 

I did find the wait annoying enough that I did not look at most of the figures on your site ... which I thought you ought to know about, because I'm sure I'm not the only person to have that experience with the website ... just my 2 cents worth ...

RobinGoodfellow

Likaon Wildlife Model Shop is a website managed  by various artists:

https://www.likaonmodels.com/about-us.html

I bought 2 figure from Josè Miguel Aparicio Santos
( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157677695599943 )
:)

PhilSauria

Great work! What medium do you use? I am looking at starting a sculpt and have been wondering what material would be the most suitable?

Joan Milelire

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on March 15, 2018, 06:32:15 PM
Very welcome to the DTF, nice to read from you ! A wonderful Sivatherium, I like prehistoric mammals!
Have a nice time here and find new dinosaur collecting friends, new sculptors are always welcome to
create new models for the prehistoric world...

Thank you very much for your warm welcome. I will enjoy this site

Quote from: Simon on March 15, 2018, 07:25:38 PM
Wonderful sculptures, just one complaint about the website - it takes a long time to load, and the photos especially just seem to "spin wheels" for a long time before the pictures appear. 

Hi Simon and thank you very much for your two cents. I will talk about that with my partners of the webshop and we'll try to fix that.

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 15, 2018, 08:43:51 PM
Great work! What medium do you use?

Hello Philsauria. I use Supersculpey for the model, baking several times as I'm adding details. You'll find lots of tutorials on the web. I also use Apoxie.

And thank you very much for your compliments to the other :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Welcome to the forum! That is a very nice Silvatherium :)

indohyus

Excellent work. Time to prepare my wallet :P

Doug Watson

Welcome. That is a great sculpt, I especially love the neck stretch and the colouring. I have admired your work on the STS and I have seen it before on that Likaon Wildlife Model Shop web site.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stegosauria

I love this figure but now it's out of my budget. You will do later more copies of this figure or another sculpt of this species?

Joan Milelire

Quote from: stegosauria on June 15, 2018, 05:29:00 AM
I love this figure but now it's out of my budget. You will do later more copies of this figure or another sculpt of this species?

Hello Stegosauria. Centuries I didn't visit the forum  ::)
Yes, just now I've more copies available

Joan Milelire

BTW, this thread must be in "Dinosaur art" and not here. It's not a customized model :))

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.