News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is Happy Hen Toys Reliable?

Started by Joey, January 25, 2017, 01:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

When I saw the Minizoo post by BlueKrono, that made me wonder if Happy Hen toys is reliable, because they have a lot of Schleich and Papo figures for pretty cheap prices (at least cheaper than on Amazon). So for the main question: Is Happy Hen toys a reliable source to buy Schleich and Papo figures?

Neosodon

I think I bought a few dinosaurs from them a while ago and had no problems. Its hard to remember if it was them or I just looked at there website sometime before buying. But Amazon is the one place I never buy dinosaurs from. I've ordered from the dinosaur farm twice and I find them to be reliable and affordable. You can special order out of stock dinosaurs by phone.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Joey

Quote from: Neosodon on January 25, 2017, 02:22:18 AM
I think I bought a few dinosaurs from them a while ago and had no problems. Its hard to remember if it was them or I just looked at there website sometime before buying. But Amazon is the one place I never buy dinosaurs from. I've ordered from the dinosaur farm twice and I find them to be reliable and affordable. You can special order out of stock dinosaurs by phone.

Thanks Neosodon! Also I've heard about Dinosaur Farm but never really checked it out myself, so that's what I'm going to do right now.

Joey

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 25, 2017, 02:35:56 AM
Why no Amazon?

BlueKrono, prices for Schleich and Papo figures especially are pretty high on Amazon, and for some reason I never really trust them.

terrorchicken

I just got a big order for them last week. I had no problems. Great prices, especially if you can take advantage of the free shipping offer.

Georassic

When I started collecting, four years ago, I made my first bulk purchase, 6 figures, from Happy Hen.  I found their website on an internet search, before I discovered this forum or even the value of ebay shopping. I've soon learned I could have easily bought all of those figures for less via other ebay sellers. But every so often I still visit their website for clearance sales... you can sometimes find a good deal. I got my Bullyland Pachycephalosaurus (the 2008 gold and grey version) 3 years ago for about $6 there!

Joey

Nice! Thanks friends! I appreciate the help!
I will definetly order some figures from them.

Dobber

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on January 25, 2017, 01:36:17 AM
When I saw the Minizoo post by BlueKrono, that made me wonder if Happy Hen toys is reliable, because they have a lot of Schleich and Papo figures for pretty cheap prices (at least cheaper than on Amazon). So for the main question: Is Happy Hen toys a reliable source to buy Schleich and Papo figures?

I got my Papo Baryonyx from them last year, they had a great price and had it in stock far earlier than anyone else in the U.S.  I had no problems with them at all.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

KeU

I have no issues with them.
Been buying my figures from them for the past few years.
Their prices are usually lower, but not always.
Be sure to do your homework before purchasing to get the best deal.

And they are based in Chicago, which is 4 hrs from my place. The parcels always arrive super quick.

HappyHen

Why no Amazon?

RE:  "why not buy from Amazon"
1) Because the typical Ama$on warehouse worker does not know the product and thus can't notice any potential defects in the product. 
At Happy Hen Toys we inspect each dino before shipping - and if you put a comment in the notes section such as "pick your best as I am a collector" we will do just that. Just the other day we sent 5 Baryonyx back to Papo for various minor issues (one was a single unpainted eye, one had tooth paint that extended slightly below the gum line, etc.).  No way an Ama$on worker would have caught those as they don't know the product (and don't care as their focus is solely to make their hourly order quota). 

2) Ama$on doesn't pack with as much care.  If you order 1 dino, Happy Hen Toys will wrap it in paper to prevent movement (in its original packaging) before putting in the box - and if you order multiple, we put paper between each to prevent cross breeding in the box  (ha ha – actually any rubbing damage) and pack in separated layers if necessary.  We don't' just throw it in a box with an air bubble or two to bounce around during shipment.

3) Price.  Happy Hen Toys tries its best to beat Ama$on pricing (of course sometimes Ama$on gets some deals we don't get – so it's not always possible).  But we do our best and given our attention to quality and packaging – any price savings from Ama$on probably isn't worth it.

4) You can support a local business that cares instead of giving more $$ an evil empire that's trying to take over every facet your existence (lol). 

So if you are a serious collector - Happy Hen Toys (or any other non-Ama$on vendor) is the way to go!!

Best wishes
Clearly unbiased – Kevin – Owner https://www.happyhentoys.com

Joey

Quote from: HappyHen on May 24, 2019, 03:10:55 PM
Why no Amazon?

RE:  "why not buy from Amazon"
1) Because the typical Ama$on warehouse worker does not know the product and thus can't notice any potential defects in the product. 
At Happy Hen Toys we inspect each dino before shipping - and if you put a comment in the notes section such as "pick your best as I am a collector" we will do just that. Just the other day we sent 5 Baryonyx back to Papo for various minor issues (one was a single unpainted eye, one had tooth paint that extended slightly below the gum line, etc.).  No way an Ama$on worker would have caught those as they don't know the product (and don't care as their focus is solely to make their hourly order quota). 

2) Ama$on doesn't pack with as much care.  If you order 1 dino, Happy Hen Toys will wrap it in paper to prevent movement (in its original packaging) before putting in the box - and if you order multiple, we put paper between each to prevent cross breeding in the box  (ha ha – actually any rubbing damage) and pack in separated layers if necessary.  We don't' just throw it in a box with an air bubble or two to bounce around during shipment.

3) Price.  Happy Hen Toys tries its best to beat Ama$on pricing (of course sometimes Ama$on gets some deals we don't get – so it's not always possible).  But we do our best and given our attention to quality and packaging – any price savings from Ama$on probably isn't worth it.

4) You can support a local business that cares instead of giving more $$ an evil empire that's trying to take over every facet your existence (lol). 

So if you are a serious collector - Happy Hen Toys (or any other non-Ama$on vendor) is the way to go!!

Best wishes
Clearly unbiased – Kevin – Owner https://www.happyhentoys.com
Haha, thanks Happy Hen Toys! And welcome to the forum!

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, Happy Hen! :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Feel like at home, HappyHen.  :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.