You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A strange enantiornithine foot found in Amber: Elektoronis Chenguangi

Started by Smilodon P., July 13, 2019, 04:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilodon P.

I was busy reading Hesperornithoides paper, so I didn't have time to post it before.

https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(19)30691-8

The third digit is very elongated  and they believe it could represent a feeding specialization, like in the Aye-aye (but I have some doubts about this possibilty).

HereĀ“s a comparitive with other cretaceous birds:

(A) Elektorornis, (B) Eopengornis, (C) Rapaxis, (D) Sulcavis, (E) Qilania, (F) Gansus

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.