You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A new species of Isisfordia from Lightning Ridge

Started by Logo7, July 12, 2019, 01:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logo7

A new species of the crocodilian genus Isisfordia has been described from the Late Cretaceous Griman Creek Formation of Lightning Ridge, Australia. The new species has been given the species name I. molnari, with the species name originating from Ralph Molnar, an Australian paleontologist who has made significant contributions to Australian vertebrate paleontology, especially in regard to the crocodillians of the Griman Creek Formation. This new species helps to expand the known diversity of crocodilians known from Mesozoic Australia, as the only other named crocodilian from this area and time interval is the type species of Isisfordia, I. duncani. Here is a reconstruction of the new species by paleoartist José Victor Silva and a link to the paper describing the new species.

Paper (open access!): https://peerj.com/articles/7166/

Halichoeres

I can never get enough of Mesozoic crocodiles.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

leidy

What a wonderful and inspired piece of paleoart!   

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.