You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Xunmenglong, a new small theropod from China

Started by Halichoeres, November 08, 2019, 02:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

It's just a pelvis, some vertebrae, and most of the hindlimbs, but it's a new small theropod: meet Xunmenglong yinliangis. The authors refer it to the Compsognathidae, but that happens with lots of small coelurosaurs, so maybe don't take it too seriously.

Here's the holotype:

(Scale bar = 1 cm)

Paper (paywall): https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195667119302381
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Logo7

If it is a compsognathid, it is apparently one of if not the smallest members of the group, at about the same size as the juvenile Scipionyx specimen preserved with fossilized organs from Italy, according to the paper.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.