News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MLMjp´s attempts at repainting

Started by MLMjp, November 03, 2019, 08:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

I´ve now entered the repaint world. I started fixing paint scuffs of figures, then I moved to repaint certain parts of my figures. I still have to do a full-on repaint on something, but for now, partial repaint are the best that I can do.

Considering how bad Mattel has treated the members of the raptor squad, I decided that I have to do something to fix it. My original intent was to buy all the members and then touch up Echo and Delta, by dry-brushing Echo in brown and then think what could I do to turn Delta´s inaccurate yellow body into turquoise green. However with the announcing of a new Savage strike raptor whose color scheme resembles Charlie more than the official figure, the plans changed. Instead, I decided not to buy the Echo figure and turn my Delta into Echo and my Charlie into Delta:

I just mixed some colors and dry-brushed their bodies but maintaining the original patterns on the body by using a small brush to paint the smaller areas since doing the patterns myself will probably result in a disaster, I may touch up the patters later, but following the shape of the original. Now I just have to wait for than new savage strike raptor and my raptor squad would be complete!

Halichoeres

That's nice workmanship! Much nicer than the factory paint.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.