News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imaginext Ammonite | Need help IDing a species.

Started by Paleo & Fish Collector, December 22, 2020, 10:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleo & Fish Collector

I ended up with this Fisher Price Imaginext ammonite. Obviously it's hard to pinpoint a species because it's just a generic ammonite toy, but I was wondering if you guys wanted to assign it a species. It looks like a Paleozoic or Triassic ammonite to me.

stargatedalek

It's a nautilus, not an ammonite. It's from a sea life series they did a good while (~8 years) ago.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 22, 2020, 11:18:57 PM
It's a nautilus, not an ammonite. It's from a sea life series they did a good while (~8 years) ago.

Even if they intended for it to be a nautilus, it doesn't really look like one. Not one that's extant, anyways.

Halichoeres

With the caveat that I am basing this on no evidence and choosing a name arbitrarily, you could call it Goniatites bohemicus
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 24, 2020, 05:29:13 PM
With the caveat that I am basing this on no evidence and choosing a name arbitrarily, you could call it Goniatites bohemicus

It looks quite a bit like one, I like that ID.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.