You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sedgwick Museum, Cambridge: virtual tour, Asteriornis exhibition

Started by ceratopsian, April 25, 2020, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Excellent virtual tour of an (obviously currently closed) temporary exhibition called "Dawn of the Wonderchicken".  It gives a great deal of information and good images about the "oldest modern bird", Asteriornis maastrichtensis.  Some stunning photos of modern birds too.

https://wserv4.esc.cam.ac.uk/online-exhibitions/index.php/Wonderchicken/dawn-of-the-wonderchicken-2/?fbclid=IwAR333Si_5dmDI1VFcsXdJODM3GuWUSU3CmQKw3G4YI9RICEpBH_Ee-t3x5c

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting! I'm glad that some museums are making things like this available.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 26, 2020, 04:47:00 PM
Thanks for posting! I'm glad that some museums are making things like this available.

I thought they did the "tour" really well. Perhaps it was easier to construct because it was clearly a very compact and focussed exhibition.

Crackington

Yes, thanks for posting this Ceratopsian. I visited the Sedgwick Museum a few years back with my girls and did a short thread for the Forum. It's a lovely place and very welcoming with good things for kids to do. It's smaller and less impressive than its rival natural history museum at Oxford (also well worth a visit) but is packed full of fossils nonetheless.

I don't think I've ever seen so many trilobites in one place!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.