News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

RIP Chadwick Boseman

Started by suspsy, August 29, 2020, 03:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/chadwick-boseman-black-panther-dead-1.5704780

I am heartbroken. He was an incredible actor whose portrayal of Black Panther brought joy and pride to millions of people around the world. 2020 has been an absolutely awful year, and now it's even worse.

Damn it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

It's a shame. He was really an incredible actor, one of my favorite parts of the Marvel movies.

ceratopsian

Just heard the news on breakfast radio A few minutes before seeing this thread. I was so shocked. He was a brilliant actor.

Shonisaurus

I have seen the news on the Internet I am totally shocked I was 43 years old, I honestly did not know him since I do not go to theaters but it is an unpleasant surprise, I was too young to die, although I suppose that cancer prevails especially with younger patients, as suspsy says, this has been a catastrophic year for all of us to a greater or lesser extent.

Libraraptor

As I always say, cancer is an *******.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 29, 2020, 09:38:46 AM

I completely share the sentiment but be careful with your language, profanity is against the forum rules. I edited your post for you.  C:-)

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 29, 2020, 10:02:13 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on August 29, 2020, 09:38:46 AM

I completely share the sentiment but be careful with your language, profanity is against the forum rules. I edited your post for you.  C:-)

;) Sorry, thank you and okay!

PumperKrickel

suspsy

Another thing to consider: he had been fighting the cancer since 2016. He did Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, plus a bunch of non-Marvel films, all while undergoing treatment. He must have been in terrible pain most of the time, but he kept it to himself.

Black Panther is purely fictional, but Chadwick Boseman is a real life superhero.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

indohyus

Such a shame to lose a great actor and person. He will be sadly missed.

Gwangi

Completely shocked by this, I had no idea. Such a phenomenal actor, the kind you watch a movie for just because he is in it. Gone way too soon.  :'(

Syndicate Bias

This hit home a bit closer than I would've ever imagined. Seeing my friend go and now him has pretty much made this year terrible enough for me to forget since he was also among one of my favourites in the MCU when he finally made his debut in Civil War.

He really was the role he played. I know superhero movies aren't always highly regarded but one cannot deny the actors that take on the roles at the very least if the story isn't as good.

Faelrin

I found out about this yesterday shortly after learning about Brian Franczak's passing here. This year has been so tragic. The world is never going to be the same with these fine folks gone.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

Truly one of the most shocking celebrity deaths of all time. What a beautiful soul...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Surely now a movie legend has been born after his death, although Chadwick Boseman is already a legend himself after his cinematic journey in life.

Nanuqsaurus

Very sad news, I was really shocked when I first saw that headline. It's so weird only very few people knew about his illness, and that he continued acting through it all. Takes a real superhero to do that.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.