News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yowie Forgotten Friends review: You choose!!!

Started by indohyus, July 14, 2020, 07:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these figures would you like me to review?

Northern Platypus Frog
0 (0%)
Slender Bush Wren
0 (0%)
Greater Short-tailed Bat
0 (0%)
Bavarian Pine Vole
0 (0%)
Crescent Nailtail Wallaby
0 (0%)
Little Swan Island Hutia
0 (0%)
Carribean Monk Seal
1 (8.3%)
Lesser Bilby
0 (0%)
Balinese Tiger
0 (0%)
Pink-Headed Duck
0 (0%)
Desert Rat-Kangaroo
0 (0%)
Hawaiian 'O'o
2 (16.7%)
Lesser Stick-nest Rat
0 (0%)
New Zealand Grayling
1 (8.3%)
Paradise Parrot
0 (0%)
Passenger Pigeon
0 (0%)
Choiseul Crested Pigeon
0 (0%)
Pig Footed Bandicoot
0 (0%)
Short-tail Hopping Mouse
0 (0%)
Red Gazelle
0 (0%)
Eastern Hare-Wallaby
0 (0%)
Falkland Island Dog
0 (0%)
Broad Faced Potoroo
0 (0%)
Labrador Duck
0 (0%)
Kawekaweau
0 (0%)
Cuban Red Macaw
0 (0%)
Great Auk
4 (33.3%)
Bluebuck
0 (0%)
Steller's Sea Cow
1 (8.3%)
Dodo
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 26, 2020, 07:39:55 PM

indohyus

I have got my hands on the entire first series of the Forgotten Friends line from Yowie, showing many species that have become extinct due to mankind's avarice. While I have the line, I am not sure where to start, so reaching out to the forum to decide what they want to see. Next week will show my one figure from the second wave, but you will decide which of the first I review. Vote up top and have fun!

indohyus

I would also like to say that this doesn't mean I am not allowing anyone else to review this line. Please do, I am just starting things off. I reserve none of them solely to me.

Crackington

That's a very sad line isn"t? I guess you are also raising our consciousness by reviewing it, so well done for that.

indohyus

Quote from: Crackington on July 14, 2020, 08:48:50 PM
That's a very sad line isn"t? I guess you are also raising our consciousness by reviewing it, so well done for that.

That is a major reason for it. None of them have been reviewed, so I feel needs doing. Very significant to do, I feel.

indohyus

Current aquatic third place. Should be interesting!

indohyus

Very aquatic third place. Should be interesting with the Grayling in the fray!

Halichoeres

I wonder if these reviews might belong on the Animal Toy Blog, given that they're all modern fauna. I don't mean necessarily instead of on the DTF, but perhaps in addition?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

indohyus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 17, 2020, 03:28:38 PM
I wonder if these reviews might belong on the Animal Toy Blog, given that they're all modern fauna. I don't mean necessarily instead of on the DTF, but perhaps in addition?

To be perfectly honest, I've been wrestling with that question. Happy for it to go up on both, just think the first should be DTB as, in spite of being modern species, they are extinct.

indohyus

One more day to vote for what I will be reviewing!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.