News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1/40 Humans

Started by billharrison, February 05, 2017, 02:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 28, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2020, 08:47:31 PM
Quote from: Justin_ on April 17, 2020, 08:31:02 PM
..... Lego minifigures are approximately 1/48 or 1/50 in height.

I only have one Lego figure and it stands 4.3 cm high. That would be about 1:40.

Hard to scale a Lego figure as the proportions are uh, slightly off... ;) Mega Contrux figures have slightly more realistic proportions and stand at 5cm, which is a tad too big to be 1:40, but close. More realistically they're 1:35 (but so are most dinosaur figures labelled as 1:40!).

My favorite 1:40 humans are the Marx cavemen. They're well-proportioned and pretty close to 1:40 at 4.4cm for the most upright standing ones.

I agree, those Marx figure are great and comes in many poses.

grantharding

For a while before I got ahold of a Schleich human, I was using one of those "Homies" figures that used to be sold in grocery store vending machines; he was about the right size.

Loon

Quote from: grantharding on October 08, 2020, 11:44:36 PM
For a while before I got ahold of a Schleich human, I was using one of those "Homies" figures that used to be sold in grocery store vending machines; he was about the right size.

Oh god, I remember Homies. They were quite a common sight in gashapon machines around Southern California.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.