You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kalaallitkigun, a new almost-mammal from Greenland

Started by Halichoeres, October 25, 2020, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

From the Late Triassic of Greenland, here's Kalaallitkigun jenkinsi ("[Farish] Jenkins's tooth of Greenland"), a mammaliiform known from a partial jaw and some teeth, the earliest of any in Greenland.

Popular write-up: http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/kalaallitkigun-jenkinsi-08962.html

Paper (paywall, but I hope you know the way around that): https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/10/07/2012437117
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That sounds quite interesting, though I don't know why that site I saw it on called it mouselike
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 26, 2020, 01:38:00 PM
That sounds quite interesting, though I don't know why that site I saw it on called it mouselike

Haven't you heard? All Mesozoic mammals were mouselike  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.