You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nshimbodon, a new cynodont therapsid from Zambia

Started by Halichoeres, November 06, 2020, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Meet Nshimbodon muchingaensis (Bemba "nshimba" = "genet," "odontos" = Gr. "tooth", "muchingaensis" = from Muchinga), a cynodont from the Permian of Zambia. The holotype is the vast majority of a skull and a little bit of the pectoral girdle (forelimb/shoulder). It lived shortly before the P-T extinction in a region where the biodiversity dynamics of the extinction are intensely studied.

The skull and a life reconstruction by Crystal Shin (appropriately genet-inspired):

Paper (paywall, but you know what to do about that): https://doi.org/10.1080/02724634.2020.1827413
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

We would need a nshimbodon muchingaensis as a figure in the toy dinosaur market. There are very few cynodonts like that in figure.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.