You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Demons of Dubious Descent; Megaraptorans!

Started by DefinitelyNOTDilo, September 25, 2023, 09:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DefinitelyNOTDilo

In my opinion Megaraptora is one of the coolest and most underrated clades ever, and it's a shame we don't have more figures of them. This thread will hopefully serve as a list of all Megaraptoran figures currently available as well as in the works, as well as maybe resin models if I have the time. It can also serve as a wishlist/general discussion of Megaraptoran figures. If you know of any figures I missed please let me know.
(Note: I will be including possible Megaraptorans like Gualicho and Deltadromeus in a separate list to avoid confusion)

Certain Megaraptorans:
  • Megaraptor (Haolonggood, WIP)
Spoiler
[close]
  • Australovenator (CollectA)
Spoiler
[close]
  • Fukuiraptor (CollectA)
Spoiler
[close]
  • Megaraptor (Mattel)
Spoiler
[close]
  • Orkoraptor (Mattel)
Spoiler
[close]

Possible Megaraptorans:
  • TBA

marisaura

i think these are all the ones you missed, not counting a couple outdated ones that depict them as giant bald dromaeosaurs:
AAD australovenator
Spoiler
[close]

geoworld australovenator
Spoiler
[close]

kid galaxy/xidi/happy kin/lontic/etc. australovenator
Spoiler
[close]

2015 favorite fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

2018 favorite fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

2006 kaiyodo fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

2016 kaiyodo fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

qualia fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

takara tomy (ania) fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

yamasan fukuiraptor
Spoiler
[close]

kaiyodo maip (currently the best figure available from the clade if you ask me, although it's quite small)
Spoiler
[close]

yowie rapator
Spoiler
[close]

and a possible megaraptoran, the vitae chilantaisaurus
Spoiler
[close]

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Thank you! I'll be sure to add em when I have more time!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I'm noticing a bit of a theme with two particular genuses getting most of the attention...

Splonkadumpocus

All I have from this group is a Collecta Australovenator.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

One more than I do lol. Thought hopefully that'll change when hlg's new figure comes out.

Newt

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 26, 2023, 03:42:20 AMI'm noticing a bit of a theme with two particular genuses getting most of the attention...
Yeah, I think the fact that Fukuiraptor and Australovenator come from countries that don't have any (described) members of, say, Tyrannosauridae or Carcharodontosauridae has helped them out. 

All these guys are pretty fragmentary, IIRC. Hopefully a more complete megaraptoran will turn up and we'll get more and better figures. Not knocking any of the figure designers, but there's only so much you can do when most of the animal's appearance is guesswork. 

suspsy

Siats is also suspected to be a megaraptoran.

And now that Everything Dinosaur is stocking Haolonggood, I am most keen to see how their Megaraptor turns out.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

"Demon of dubious descent" sounds like a Shakespearean insult questioning the legitimacy of someone's parentage.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DefinitelyNOTDilo