News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Making a limited run of 1:35 TLW Velociraptors

Started by sage2k, August 08, 2022, 09:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sage2k

Hi there,

Anybody theoretically would like to buy a TLW/JP raptor 1:35 model? Either as a kit, or painted and packaged?

Long story short, I've been wanting a good 1:35 scale TLW/JP raptor that would match Nanmu's line in terms of scale and quality (those teeth!).
I happened to meet someone who's been selling bootleg Warhammer kits, and they're up to try a limited run of a dinosaur figure. So, since I still don't see any 1:35 offering that would match Nanmu's line, I thought the heck, let's try.

I'm still getting the model in shape to match the JP/TLW sculpt. Did you know that the JW raptors don't have a pubic bone? Never thought I'd spend so much time massaging a raptor crotch but hey, I want to make this as best as I can.

Between work and other lively activities I've had limited time to work on the mode, but here is my second approximation to the JP/TLW raptor sculpt. Needs fatter feet and hands, work on that spine, etc.

Approx scale with the initial model (no pubic bone, short back of the head, etc)