News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A good centerpiece for my collection?

Started by Duck, October 01, 2021, 01:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

I am looking for a large theropod to be my centerpiece model. Any suggestions?
He who dwells in pond

Lynx

Papo tends to have some fairly large models, so take a look at them.
If you don't care for accuracy, Mattels "Supper Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex" may work nicely.
REBORs Tyrannosaurs also tend to be inaccurate, but big.
If your looking for big, accurate, and detailed, look no further then PNSOs Ceratosaurus. It's enormous and nicely detailed. However, it's pretty expensive. PNSOs Giganotosaurus is a good alternative price wise.
In my opinion, PNSOs "Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus and Xiaobei the Chungkingosaurus" would work best as a center piece. It has two figures, both nicely detailed, and a good base. Both figures in the diorama are large as is the base, and just for 50 dollars or less!  :)
An oversized house cat.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bread

Quote from: Duck on October 01, 2021, 01:23:31 PM
I know you mentioned you purchased the Nanmu Giganotosaurus. I think you underestimating that figure's size because it may very well be your centerpiece figure for now.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

GojiraGuy1954

eofauna giga
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duck

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 01, 2021, 05:06:59 PM
eofauna giga
For some reason, the Eofauna giganotosaurus never appealed to me. I though I wanted to get it for a little bit, but something about the sculpt work ruined it for me. I think it just lacked the crisper details that the Vitae and Nanmu had.
He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

The spinosaurus or tyrannosaurus Nanmu would also be good options.

Even the tyrannosaurus Rebor vintage version (either one).

ItsTwentyBelow

Have you considered getting in on the current Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Kickstarter? One of those figures comes to my mind when I think "centerpiece theropod", if you're patient.

I'm thinking of pledging for a couple of the more obscure Tyrannosaur species to add to my collection. That Bistahieversor is on my list! I pledged for the Raptor and Ceratopsian BotM Kickstarters, and can say that I am very happy with my figures.

Duck

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on October 03, 2021, 07:49:01 PM
Have you considered getting in on the current Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Kickstarter? One of those figures comes to my mind when I think "centerpiece theropod", if you're patient.

I'm thinking of pledging for a couple of the more obscure Tyrannosaur species to add to my collection. That Bistahieversor is on my list! I pledged for the Raptor and Ceratopsian BotM Kickstarters, and can say that I am very happy with my figures.
avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow I'm not very interested in seam heavy articulated figures such as BotM, but I did really like the look of their Guanlong...
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Nanmu's new Tyrannosaurus Once and Future King seems to be a large piece. Similar in size to the Giga if you still plan to get that.

Their new rex will certainly be my new center piece (or largest at least) in my collection.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.