You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscure Facts about Dinosaur Figures and their Companies

Started by Dinoxels, December 23, 2021, 10:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

Hello! I am making an iceberg (that might be a video, we shall see) covering obscure facts about Dinosaur Figures and their Companies. Attached is what I have so far.

Any more ideas? Would love some help.  :D
Plus it's always fun to learn more about the things we love.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Stegotyranno420

I really like this chart so far.
For a very well known thing, the Papo limited edition Spinosaurus not being so limited.
As for a medium one, early dinosaur figures of the 20s.

GojiraGuy1954

Put "Paint scheme variations in early Papo dinosaurs" in the fourth layer and Mattel's Old Therizinosaurus in the Second layer
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoxels

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 23, 2021, 11:26:45 PM
Put "Paint scheme variations in early Papo dinosaurs" in the fourth layer and Mattel's Old Therizinosaurus in the Second layer
Those are good ones!
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 23, 2021, 10:50:22 PM
early dinosaur figures of the 20s.
Go on?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The CollectA Regaliceratops and PNSO Brian the Pachrhinosaurus are very similar in colour scheme
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 23, 2021, 10:40:43 PM
Hello! I am making an iceberg (that might be a video, we shall see) covering obscure facts about Dinosaur Figures and their Companies. Attached is what I have so far.

Any more ideas? Would love some help.  :D
Plus it's always fun to learn more about the things we love.

Maybe for the middle area Nanmu and REBOR using the same teeth for their figures and maybe the controversy with the factory which made it? I don't know if that counts as an "obscure fact" though.

Also perhaps the rather abundant amount of canceled REBOR figures, even after being fully painted?
An oversized house cat.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Lynx on December 24, 2021, 01:36:25 AM
Maybe for the middle area Nanmu and REBOR using the same teeth for their figures?
Wait, they use the same teeth? Didn't even know about this lol. That reminds me though, going to add the whole issue with that Irritator figure from over the summer into this.

Carnoking

Dinoxels

SRF

How about PNSO charging 50% more for a figure by simply selling it in a "Museum Line" box?
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 24, 2021, 12:16:57 PM
Quote from: Lynx on December 24, 2021, 01:36:25 AM
Maybe for the middle area Nanmu and REBOR using the same teeth for their figures?
Wait, they use the same teeth? Didn't even know about this lol. That reminds me though, going to add the whole issue with that Irritator figure from over the summer into this.
Yeah there is a whole thread over this discussion. Rumors and evidence of Nanmu and Rebor being owned by the same individual(s). Anyways, it leads to the use of the same teeth. 
Quote from: SRF on December 24, 2021, 08:23:03 PM
How about PNSO charging 50% more for a figure by simply selling it in a "Museum Line" box?
This.

Another one for PNSO would be the abundant amount of releases.

Skorpio V.

I LOVE THESE ICEBERG CHARTS!!

Things to add could be Procon turning into CollectA on the tip of the iceberg,

Somewhere in the middle instead of just putting "PNSO releasing lots of new figures" you could add "PNSO's hiatus before mass releases,"

Not too familiar on the subject, but maybe someone could help chime in about Paleozoo,

The prototype sculpt for CollectA's Mapusaurus changing drastically just under the tip of the iceberg,

Lastly, the failed project with Minizoo and Australian Age of Dinosaurs that gave us that one Australovenator figure could fit around the middle as well.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

GojiraGuy1954

"CollectA Ceratopsians Sharing the Same Body Mould" in the fourth layer, "Failed Mesozoic Life Kickstarter" in the First layer and "Backerkit saving BoTM Triceratops" in the Second layer

GojiraGuy1954

Also, "Every Copy of the Papo Giganotosaurus is Personalised" in the last layer. It's sort of an iceberg tradition that started with Mario 64 to put something like this lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.