News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Lots of new items posted! New Starlux, Paleo-Art, 90s 00s & newer, Monochromes, and more! Check out the topic index to find the posts and see the new stuff!

The T-rex sculpture I added to the paleo art section is quite entertaining! It looks to have been paired with another dinosaur at one time, which I plan to add one in the artists style to go with it at some point!

Thanks for taking a look, and Ill be posting more stuff very soon! I have a lot of catching up to do, and have a slew f thunder beasts to post, as well as some new toy families to add to my thread! Stay tuned!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Silvanusaurus

The kimono on the Schleich Therizonosaurus is perfect... this figure finally makes sense in that outfit.

Archinto

I just did a major update to the topic, and added figures to many different collections! Be sure to check the index and look at the new figures!

For this post, I'd like to introduce my collection of Definitely Dinosaurs figures by Playskool. The dinosaurs came with little cave men who had saddles to be able to ride the dinosaurs. Most of my figures are complete. My rex's saddle is MIA at the momentIll fix that when I find it... Items are pictured in the completeness in which they currently are. Im still missing a few "cavesters" ;) Im purposely omitting my small playskools for now (wendys promos etc) Im still trying to find them all.

We will start off with the smaller size figures from the line.

Dimetrodon "Trodar" & Moschops "Elgar" with Cavester Shindar

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Dimetrodon and Moschops by Archinto, on Flickr

Polacanthus "Glutron" & Psittacosaurus "Takor"

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Psittacosaurus & Polacanthus by Archinto, on Flickr

Pachycephalosaurus "Zalmar" with Cavester Reeve & Deinonychus "Dragar" and Cavester Druze

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Pachycephalosaurus & Deinonychus by Archinto, on Flickr

Ankylosaurus "Lozar" with Cavester Thrax & Struthiomimus "Strimus" with Cavester Grak & Protoceratops "Cera" and Cavester Zindar

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Ankylosaurus, Struthiomimus, Protoceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Heres the medium sized figures next.

Anatosaurus "ana" missing Cavester Zorg

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Anatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Spinosaurus "Spiny with Cavester Trildar

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Spinosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Stegosaurus "Spike" with Cavester Dron and protoceratops battle mask

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Parasaurolophus "Parax" missing Cavester Romur

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Parasaurolophus by Archinto, on Flickr

Triceratops "Dozer" with Cavester Brin

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Now onto the Big figures! :3

Tyrannosaurus Rex "Tyro" & Cavester Lexa. Missing the saddle currently, its hiding out in my stash...

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Apatosaurus "Pat" & Cavester Kronar

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

And last but certainly not least.....

Ultrasaurus "Ultrar" missing Cavester Grel

Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Ultrasaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Ill post updates here when I find parts, and when I find more of my small dino figures and promos. :) Hope you enjoyed this lil Blast into the Past of Ruff n Tuff Dinosaurs! :) These were some of my favorites as a child. I still have several of my childhood figures, but they are a bit worse for wear. I played with Tyro and Lexa so much, My original Tyro has a busted leg, and Lexas legs are really loose (hence the black tape)

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

Ok, so its been a long while since i did anything with my topic here. I plan on updating soon with all kinds of new figures to share. My collection has been boosted with lots of rare and unusual dinosaur figures over the last year, and I am dying to share them all with you! So rest assured, new arrivals are coming soon! Have a Dinoriffic day!

Killekor

Welcome back to the forum avatar_Archinto @Archinto  ! I'm happy to see that you're still posting here.
I'm curious to see your new acquisitions.
Are you still sculpting?

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Archinto

Thank you Killekor, good to see you back again too. Ive got a big group of figures to share, itll take me weeks to catch up on my postings here.

I am still sculpting too. Hoping to get some more new works going soon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Archinto on September 02, 2019, 05:57:12 PM

Particularly excited to see these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

I am still a loyal follower of this thread, but did I ever tell you?

Killekor

Thank you Killekor, good to see you back again too.

Thanks!

Im happy to know that! I'm really curious to see them too, because your sculptures are always great!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Archinto

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 03, 2019, 07:14:22 PM
I am still a loyal follower of this thread, but did I ever tell you?

I dont know if you did, but thank you! Its great to know these vintage dinos have appreciation from others as well!

My starlux collection has grown exponentially and i have acquired a lot of variants. Ive also gotten more orsenigos, and some other rare and interesting figures.

Archinto

Its been a few years since Ive made a posting! I have not forgotten about my dtf family!

I have a lot of "new" vintage dinosaurs to add to the collection when I get back home. Ive gotten more starlux, metal dinosaurs, action figures, orsenigo, chialu,  model kits and much much more to share with you all!

Wishing you all well, and happy dino hunting, and Ill make a new posting in the near future!

Lanthanotus

Welcome back and am keen to have a look on your new - and older - acquisitions ;)

Libraraptor

Welcome back, at last you´re back!
I am looking forward to seeing what you´ve been acquiring over the last months!

BlueKrono

Welcome back. Those sound very interesting. Chialus in particular are very hard to come by.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Good to hear from you! Can't wait to see what oddities you've tracked down.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.