News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauriana book by Joe Demarco [request for images]

Started by UK, December 24, 2013, 11:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Hi, discussed a while back was a digital format book (with the potential to go hardback). The original release featured lines up and to around the mid nineties with items such as Battat, Bullyland, Safari and Marx etc being covered. Part of the forum feedback was the need to update with more contemporary manufacturers and releases.

Joe has contacted me with regard to whether forum members would be willing to allow some of our wonderful photos to be released for inclusion in this historical and informative guide. I think this would contribute greatly to the heritage of the book and also that of this wonderful forum. Joe has expressed the desire to produce a great work for all of us to enjoy and use as a reference point for our collecting desires. I have found it invaluable in finding and identifying items from more obscure lines, and with the current digital nature of the piece, new photos and information can be added rapidly to increase its deph still further.

My own photographic contribution to the site is very small but some members have a beautiful array of images. If you wish to allow Joe to use your photos where he can, would you message me your email address and links and I will pass this on for you.

From what I can see, Joe has links with many of the greatest collectors in this field and has a wealth of experience and bucketless enthusiasm for the subject matter. It would be great to support him in his quest.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: UK on December 24, 2013, 11:44:52 AM
Hi, discussed a while back was a digital format book (with the potential to go hardback). The original release featured lines up and to around the mid nineties with items such as Battat, Bullyland, Safari and Marx etc being covered. Part of the forum feedback was the need to update with more contemporary manufacturers and releases.

Joe has contacted me with regard to whether forum members would be willing to allow some of our wonderful photos to be released for inclusion in this historical and informative guide. I think this would contribute greatly to the heritage of the book and also that of this wonderful forum. Joe has expressed the desire to produce a great work for all of us to enjoy and use as a reference point for our collecting desires. I have found it invaluable in finding and identifying items from more obscure lines, and with the current digital nature of the piece, new photos and information can be added rapidly to increase its deph still further.

My own photographic contribution to the site is very small but some members have a beautiful array of images. If you wish to allow Joe to use your photos where he can, would you message me your email address and links and I will pass this on for you.

From what I can see, Joe has links with many of the greatest collectors in this field and has a wealth of experience and bucketless enthusiasm for the subject matter. It would be great to support him in his quest.

Great to hear this volume is continuing to be developed. It might be worth your while contacting members directly to ask for permission to use images you're particularly interested in. Some members might not read your post, others may not take the initiative to make first contact.

tyrantqueen

A while back this was discussed, and I remember a few of us (myself included) emailed him, and he conveniently ceased communication when we revealed who were. So now he wants our photos? ???

UK

Who did you email. From memory I think there were different books on the go and this was causing confusion?

From my emails with Joe, he comes across as a very polite and humble person. It does not fit the bill of someone who cease communicating without reason? It would not be in his interest surely?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: UK on December 24, 2013, 03:26:09 PM
Who did you email. From memory I think there were different books on the go and this was causing confusion?

From my emails with Joe, he comes across as a very polite and humble person. It does not fit the bill of someone who cease communicating without reason? It would not be in his interest surely?
The email was [email protected]. You can read about the fiasco here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,805.0.html

UK

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2013, 03:44:15 PM

The email was [email protected]. You can read about the fiasco here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,805.0.html
That is Robert Telia, please do not confuse him with Joe. They both were working on different books using the same name. The published book was originally being compiled by another voracious collector but had to be finished by Robert.

Joe is writing a more indepth book about museum line and sub figures rather than high end. Please help Joe, he is aiming to publish a reference guide that will be a welcome resource.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: UK on December 24, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2013, 03:44:15 PM

That is Robert Telia, please do not confuse him with Joe. They both were working on different books using the same name. The published book was originally being compiled by another voracious collector but had to be finished by Robert.

Joe is writing a more indepth book about museum line and sub figures rather than high end. Please help Joe, he is aiming to publish a reference guide that will be a welcome resource.

I'm sure we wouldn't mind helping out Joe, someone who asked us. Robert is the fellow who wouldn't deal with the forum members after we said we didn't like some of his opinions and comments.

tyrantqueen

Okay, sorry for the mix-up.
QuoteJoe is writing a more indepth book about museum line and sub figures rather than high end. Please help Joe, he is aiming to publish a reference guide that will be a welcome resource.
Postsaurischian's photos (if he gave permission) would make a very good addition to the book, I'm sure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2013, 05:37:30 PM
Okay, sorry for the mix-up.
QuoteJoe is writing a more indepth book about museum line and sub figures rather than high end. Please help Joe, he is aiming to publish a reference guide that will be a welcome resource.
Postsaurischian's photos (if he gave permission) would make a very good addition to the book, I'm sure.

That they would !

DinoToyForum

I just modified the title of this thread so as not to confuse it with the 'official' Dinosauriana thread here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.0 (the 'official' thread is a merger of two previous topics).

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 06, 2014, 05:55:34 PM
I just modified the title of this thread so as not to confuse it with the 'official' Dinosauriana thread here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.0 (the 'official' thread is a merger of two previous topics).

That was indeed the reason I never opened up this thread.

Of course I'd like to help if I can :).
We should have a list of the models you want pics of, then I can see what photos I have or which ones I could take.

SBell

I've already passed along my info via direct email at Boki's request (although I haven't heard from him yet), but if there's anything he wants to use of mine I don't see why not.

Libraraptor

Confusion, confusion, but now everything is clear. I am of no great help but will get my hands on both books when they´re available and I can afford them. Mike Frederick´s work finally needs some new neighbours ;-)

Bokisaurus

:) Confusion indeed! The collectors guide is a nice guide that talks about the history and productions dates of many of the figures and lines out there, but still around and extinct.
As for what he is currently looking for, I know he is looking for some Waiphoon figures photo, which sadly I don't have. So if any of you have some in your collection and have photos or can take photos, let me know and I can pass it along to him and maybe he will get in touch with you.
It's been fun being able to help him out on this project  ^-^ If any of you buy the the guide, you will some familiar photos  :)

Boki

sauroid

i posted a Waiphoon Liopleurodon photo recently in the DTF but im afraid the quality isnt that high.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.