News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Duck’s Hawaii visit

Started by Duck, December 26, 2021, 10:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

My grandpa lives in Hawaii alone, so this year my family and I surprised him with a visit. It's been a very fun trip and I took some cool pictures that I thought I'd share.
This is a rocky beach sunrise

The big hill you see here in the background is actually a crater. I hiked up it. Very steep.

We went on a ridgeline hike the other day. It was a hard hike, but the view was totally worth it.

If you want to know more about my grandpa, here's some info:
He is Japanese, and was there when Pearl Harbor was bombed at the start of World War Two. However, he was too young to serve in the war with the 442nd Japanese American unit, so instead he was sent to an internment camp. After the war, he served a bit in the Korean War, but didn't see much combat. After the Korean War, he moved back to Hawaii with my Grandma. It has been a great trip and I saw many wonderful things. Now I hope I can get back home without my flight being canceled due to the large Covid wave happening right now.
He who dwells in pond

Bread

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Really nice and cool photos!

If you don't mind me asking, is this your first trip to Hawaii?

Duck

Quote from: Bread on December 26, 2021, 11:55:18 PM
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Really nice and cool photos!

If you don't mind me asking, is this your first trip to Hawaii?
No, it isn't. I've gone once before.
He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

What a beautiful landscape in Hawaii. I'm glad her grandfather still lives with him. Grandparents are a huge source of wisdom. They are living encyclopedias as are all older people.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.