News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gryphon garage kit ID help?

Started by Creature, August 15, 2021, 08:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creature

I found this gorgeous resin kit on an AliExpress shop, but I'm highly skeptical that the shop is selling authentic copies of it. They've got Regina Mundi 2.0 up in their shop without David's name anywhere in the listing, and based on some Googling they've done the same for a few other pieces. So, I want the authentic kit, or at the very least to know who the artist is and what else they've made, but I'm having trouble tracking it down. Reverse image search just leads me back to the original AliExpress listing. I tried all the basic keyword search combinations I could think of (with variations on the spelling of the word "gryphon") and that didn't get me anywhere either. Five minutes with Google had me finding the authentic Skink Chen and Tony McVey pieces I was looking at, so why is this one so hard?

The shape of the right hand makes me think that it's supposed to be holding something. The listing has the word "trident" in the title, which may or may not be relevant.

Anyone have any ideas?
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Newt

I don't recognize the piece, but I will suggest a resource: the garage kit forum at http://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/index.php. I bet those guys will know it.

Creature

paintingdinos

I know this is an older topic, but did you ever find an answer for this one?

I remember seeing this kit listed as a pre-order on ebay 2020/maybe early 2021. It was a double listing with another pose of a similar looking gryphon (wings outstretched). I want to say it was a Chinese seller, and if I dig real deep, I think it might have been la-na-time-shop since they post lots of preorders and this looks like something they would carry. Its possible reaching out to them to ask about it might yield results, or at least point you in the right direction.

I really loved this kit when I saw it and considered ordering it, but I wasn't sure how reliable international shipping was going to be so I held off out of fear of losing such an expensive model to the post.

Creature

I haven't had any luck. La-na-time-shop would make sense, though! Thanks for the tip.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.