You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Trilobiti Scientific Models - New for 2022 (Trilobite Design)

Started by Halichoeres, January 21, 2022, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Three really nice new models up for preorder:

Bothriolepis canadensis

Besanosaurus leptorhynchus

Mixosaurus cornalianus

Web site: https://www.scientificmodels.shop/modelli-scientifici

I think you can order them either as kits or as finished models.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Thanks for posting! avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

How does this Bothriolepis compare with the Paleozoo one? And are the prices listed for a finished model? Or unpainted kit? (e.g. 120 euro for the Mixosaurus)

stoneage

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on January 21, 2022, 07:55:11 PM
Thanks for posting! avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

How does this Bothriolepis compare with the Paleozoo one? And are the prices listed for a finished model? Or unpainted kit? (e.g. 120 euro for the Mixosaurus)

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Well, compared to the Paleozoo it's twice the length, so it can squeeze in detail a little more faithfully. I think it also manages some of the narrower proportions better because it isn't printed in one piece. As for the price, since the Bothriolepis is 250€ unfinished and 350€ painted, I would guess that the prices currently listed for the Besanosaurus and Mixosaurus are for unpainted versions, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote from: stoneage on January 22, 2022, 03:14:33 AM
They seem to be very expensive!

Yeah, I think these are made in small batches, maybe even to order. They can't amortize mold and labor costs across thousands of units like a toy company can. Nice models are expensive to make, and made to be expensive.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

RobinGoodfellow

Besanosaurus and Mixosaurus are out of stock now.
I think they will be available soon.
They are 150 Euro (Besanosaurus) and 120 Euro (Mixosaurus) for the unpainted version.
Probably the painted version will be around 400 euro.
Not cheap but they are a really small company..

:)

Halichoeres

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.