You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Therizinosaurus in Fallen kingdom?

Started by Stegotyranno420, October 21, 2020, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Stegotyranno420

I seen alot of you guys say its a gallimimus. while that makes lots of sense, it has different colors and is much larger

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 21, 2020, 11:55:09 PM
I seen alot of you guys say its a gallimimus. while that makes lots of sense, it has different colors and is much larger

Definitely a Gallimimus. It has the correct shade of brown, makes the right sounds and the size roughly fits with the other Gallimimus in the movie. Plus the claws arenĀ“t nearly big enough, especially for a series that loves exaggerating sizes.

Have to admit though, the screenshot had me going for a second.

The clip is in this video, in case anyone wants to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5zkBwkBdU

Jose S.M.

Gallimimus has always been large in the franchise, the ones on the first one were taller than Grant, size also has been not exactly constant in the franchise. The shot also is from a low angle which makes it seem even bigger.

Stegotyranno420

I see. SHould i delete this thread now?

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 01:02:55 AM
Because th question is already awnsered

Up to you, but we could be wrong. Therizinosaurus was used in the creation of the Indominus Rex, after all, so it definitely exists in the franchise. Which I only discovered due to this thread, by the way.  :)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: PumperKrickel on October 22, 2020, 01:27:09 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 22, 2020, 01:02:55 AM
Because th question is already awnsered

Up to you, but we could be wrong. Therizinosaurus was used in the creation of the Indominus Rex, after all, so it definitely exists in the franchise. Which I only discovered due to this thread, by the way.  :)
Great to hear. But on reddit everyone said its a gallimimus, and after watching the scene more, it was unmistakably ornithomimid

Faelrin

I'll be honest I never even noticed there was a Gallimimus there until now. I was just focused on the Baryonyx on previous viewings. So good catch.

If it was a Therizinosaurus, I would have expected a bit more screen time for it, then a brief one and done scene, considering all of the other new dinosaurs got more then just one scene of screen time, and lots of promotional material as well (Allosaurus give or take). It would be interesting to see this in Dominion though, and well there was technically that weird Amargasaurus hybrid with it that could be seen at the end of Jurassic World for like a second during the scene in Wu's lab.

Edit: Not wholly relevant, but uh come to think of it, the head on the canceled Mattel toy kind of resembles this one.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on October 22, 2020, 04:40:58 AM
I'll be honest I never even noticed there was a Gallimimus there until now. I was just focused on the Baryonyx on previous viewings. So good catch.

If it was a Therizinosaurus, I would have expected a bit more screen time for it, then a brief one and done scene, considering all of the other new dinosaurs got more then just one scene of screen time, and lots of promotional material as well (Allosaurus give or take). It would be interesting to see this in Dominion though, and well there was technically that weird Amargasaurus hybrid with it that could be seen at the end of Jurassic World for like a second during the scene in Wu's lab.

Edit: Not wholly relevant, but uh come to think of it, the head on the canceled Mattel toy kind of resembles this one.

The picture on top doesnt work
but for the figure, i wondered alot about that too. Maybe they're pulling a rebor

GojiraGuy1954

The scene actually keeps going. it's clearly a gallimimus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 22, 2020, 04:48:41 PM
The scene actually keeps going. it's clearly a gallimimus
I know now, they told me i shouldnt delete the thread

Stegotyranno420

Kind of funny how this held up with the new dominion one

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.