News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2024, 03:03:29 PMand then in a year or two there is a new paper proving no lips makes more sense.. :))  sorry had to.  Things are always changing.
Haha! No you're absolutely right, things change and we can't do anything about it!

I've thought about that happening prior to me even having commissions done by these artist. I tend to grasp to the look of lips on therapods, so even if it were proven to therapods not having lips, I'd simply use this figures as a "this was once a concept at one point in time" on my shelf.

Sorry for going so off topic...

SRF

I agree with avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator that Cameron was the best figure out of the Tyrannosaur streak from PNSO last year. Besides Cameron, I really like the Lythronax a lot. I do own the other three as well, but where to me Cameron and Keynes mostly have very strong attributes (minus the liplessnes), the other three each have their own flaws. With Cole having the most obvious flaw, the body being far too skinny, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the worst selling figure out of these five.   
But today, I'm just being father

Turkeysaurus

It's great time to produce lipped Theropods now for PNSO to make extra sales. Like you guys say what if a new paper changes things back to no lips in a couple years?

Remember Feathered Rex or 4 legged Spino.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: SRF on May 13, 2024, 07:00:02 PMI agree with avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator that Cameron was the best figure out of the Tyrannosaur streak from PNSO last year. Besides Cameron, I really like the Lythronax a lot. I do own the other three as well, but where to me Cameron and Keynes mostly have very strong attributes (minus the liplessnes), the other three each have their own flaws. With Cole having the most obvious flaw, the body being far too skinny, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the worst selling figure out of these five.   

I wish those tyrannosaurids had different colorations like carcharodontosaurids. Some animals looks almost identical to have similar colors. I like Gorgosaurus most because of it's patterns on body and paint on the face.

Sim

The PNSO Gorgosaurus has a great colouration.  I was going off it recently, but I've come to love it again.  I don't feel I need another Gorgosaurus figure now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on May 13, 2024, 03:36:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2024, 03:03:29 PMand then in a year or two there is a new paper proving no lips makes more sense.. :))  sorry had to.  Things are always changing.
Haha! No you're absolutely right, things change and we can't do anything about it!

I've thought about that happening prior to me even having commissions done by these artist. I tend to grasp to the look of lips on therapods, so even if it were proven to therapods not having lips, I'd simply use this figures as a "this was once a concept at one point in time" on my shelf.

Sorry for going so off topic...

I do the same lol  I can make an entire progression of Spinosaurus now from early tail dragging design to film concept to the most modern take  ;D

I received my Daspletosaurus from Amazon. I'm much more forgiving of any paint or design issues at these sale prices. I have about 5 more to get if they drop the prices on them ;)

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 17, 2024, 03:01:41 PMI do the same lol  I can make an entire progression of Spinosaurus now from early tail dragging design to film concept to the most modern take  ;D

They have their own charm for sure.

SidB

This talk a
Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2024, 02:37:11 PMThe PNSO Gorgosaurus has a great colouration.  I was going off it recently, but I've come to love it again.  I don't feel I need another Gorgosaurus figure now.
The talk about last years PNSO tyrannosaurids reminded me that although I'd gotten the Lythronax, Daspletosaurus and Cameron the rex all "lipped", I hadn't gotten around to getting the albertosaurines done yet. It's time, so I've ordered the pair from Dan's for shipment to Bravo Models. I'll post the results when the finished figures get to my door.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 17, 2024, 03:10:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 17, 2024, 03:01:41 PMI do the same lol  I can make an entire progression of Spinosaurus now from early tail dragging design to film concept to the most modern take  ;D

They have their own charm for sure.

I love that Iguanodon, I have the other two as well to make a progression.  Wish someone would make an entire line of Crystal Palace creatures,

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.