You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Everything Dinosaur affected by Royal Mail ransomware

Started by suspsy, January 24, 2023, 02:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Wasn't aware of this situation until I ordered a bunch of 2022 Safari toys from ED yesterday and then received word this morning that the shipping would be delayed indefinitely. So be aware if you're planning on ordering anything from them right now. It's unfortunate for us as collectors, but I feel far more badly for ED and all the other British small businesses being hurt by the delay. Hopefully Royal Mail will get it finally sorted out soon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64374342
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

That may explain why one of my December orders from ED never reached me!

Flaffy

ceratopsian

The ransomware attack struck just before the middle of January, a fortnight or so ago.  Anything ordered in December should been away in time - unless it had been mislaid in the Royal Mail system after Christmas with all the strikes of course.

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur flagged the issue on their Facebook page, but I know not everyone uses Facebook, or necessarily sees all posts from a firm of interest.

Ransomware strikes seem to be ever more of a problem.  An adult education college in London where I'm taken Latin on-line classes was hit late in the autumn term.  It's still not fully recovered, though lessons are functional now.

Quote from: SidB on January 24, 2023, 03:05:25 PMThat may explain why one of my December orders from ED never reached me!

SidB

Hmmm ... strikes, so that's likely to be the issue then. I didn't get to pick my poison, but either way, I'll try to remain hopeful that my WP figures eventually get to me. Thanks for the east side of the pond update, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian .

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Everything Dinosaur is fine to order from if you're in the UK, it's only for people outside of teb UK. Royal Mail won't deliver any international deliveries at all right now, same with everyone. On ebay I can't sell out of the UK anymore. Someone out of the UK wanted to buy some dinosaur figures off me but have been unable to sell then. Things can come into the country, but not out of it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Pliosaurking

I ordered from them a little over a month ago and haven't received it. Due to where I live it usually takes about 7 to 10 business days to reach me, and I have ordered from them dozens of times with no issues. I'm starting to get concerned that it could have gotten lost or something. Hopefully it shows up soon.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Wow, I just purchased a fossil the other day that's being shipped from the UK and didn't hear anything about this from the seller. It says my order is still processing, but I won't be surprised if it takes a little longer to arrive stateside. It's terrible that whoever is behind the attack is impacting so many people like this.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SidB

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 25, 2023, 01:35:01 AMWow, I just purchased a fossil the other day that's being shipped from the UK and didn't hear anything about this from the seller. It says my order is still processing, but I won't be surprised if it takes a little longer to arrive stateside. It's terrible that whoever is behind the attack is impacting so many people like this.
As has been said before, there are those who "just like to see the world burn." They delight in chaos and the misfortunes of others. I had to fire an employee, years ago, who enjoyed sabotaging equipment, then hiding nearby in hopes of seeing someone hurt themselves. She derived pleasure from doing things of this sort - a sociopath.

suspsy

Well, I received a shipping notice from ED today! :))
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.