News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2023 Wishlist

Started by profnik, August 30, 2022, 03:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Another species I'd like from Safari is Plesiosaurus dolichodeirus.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, Safari's last plesiosauroid is their 2013 Elasmosaurus.  I actually have and very much like that Elasmosaurus, but I would like a Plesiosaurus too.  Safari's Elasmosaurus is one of their best-selling figures, so I imagine a Plesiosaurus by Safari would sell well too.

Gwangi

I would like a decent Plesiosaurus too. It's surprising there aren't more of them. I've been tempted to get the Favorite one but I would rather one from Safari.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

A classic, proper Plesiosaurus would be nice, but I would be happy with any plesiosaur that isn't functionally indistinguishable from Elasmosaurus. Rhomaleosaurus would be really cool, since the Collecta one was retired before I ever bought it.  :(

Sim

The CollectA Rhomaleosaurus is quite terrible, so I wouldn't worry about having missed it.  I think PNSO would be a better candidate for making a Rhomaleosaurus as they have quite a record of making more than one animal from a family for a given year.  Safari on the other hand doesn't, although they have done it a couple of times.  And Safari has in recent years made a pliosauroid, mosasaur, ichthyosaur and metriorhynchid.  So I think we're due a new plesiosauroid from Safari.  Rhomaleosaurus is a pliosauroid.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on February 03, 2023, 08:14:45 PMA classic, proper Plesiosaurus would be nice, but I would be happy with any plesiosaur that isn't functionally indistinguishable from Elasmosaurus. Rhomaleosaurus would be really cool, since the Collecta one was retired before I ever bought it.  :(
I'd also like a Rhomaleosaurus for the same reason.
I don't mind that it's an ugly figure, it's only a little ugly, not hideous, and I'd rather have an ugly figure of an animal than no figure at all. And I only just missed one on eBay as well that I saw for ages but didn't realise at the time it was retired else I would not have waited.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Plesiosaurus has always been my favorite marine reptile (with Ichthyosaurus second). Agreed on wanting to see Safari Ltd do one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

After receiving the Princeton Field Guide to Mesozoic Sea Reptiles for Xmas, I've decided I'd like to see fewer plesiosaurs and mosasaurs and more freaky beasts like Sclerocormus, Eretmorhipis, Hupehsuchus, Xinpusaurus, and Henodus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.