News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Star Ace - New for 2023

Started by Halichoeres, November 25, 2022, 10:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

OVER9K:

I bought my Ymir, Kraken, Rhedosaurus and Gwangi from Awesome Collector when they were originally released. If I had known they would be on sale, I would have waited.

I thought some or most sold out early, so maybe the ones on sale now might be leftover stock from another dealer or Star Ace.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Eh, I'm happy I got mine when I did, I might have paid more but I've been able to enjoy them longer.

Over9K

Quote from: dragon53 on July 22, 2023, 05:45:31 AMOVER9K:

I bought my Ymir, Kraken, Rhedosaurus and Gwangi from Awesome Collector when they were originally released. If I had known they would be on sale, I would have waited.

I thought some or most sold out early, so maybe the ones on sale now might be leftover stock from another dealer or Star Ace.

I haven't really seen anything from Star Ace sell out, other than a few of their Deluxe DefoReals (Pennywise, 2001 Spacesuits, Jason Vorhees). I have seen the X-Plus-branded Kaiju stuff sell out, that happens all the time, but the Star Ace Harryhausen and Wonder Of Wild Stuff seems to be made in greater number.

dragon53

OVER9K:

I thought I saw Awesome collector had maximum numbers available on some of the Star Ace Harryhausen figures, and these were reached in the preorder stage. I also thought the Harryhausen Triceratops, etc. had sold out---but I may be wrong---I look at so much stuff on the internet, sometimes its information overload.

If it's unusual for the Star Ace Harryhausen figures to sell out, I will wait for them to go on sale......assuming Star Ace releases what I really want: the Hydra (JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS), the Cephalopod (MYSTERIOUS ISLAND)and the Flying Saucer/Alien (EARTH VS FLYING SAUCERS).

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't ordered anything new since Medusa.

Over9K

Star Ace on FB...

"Can you guess what our new license is?"

NGL, the Terror Dog and Mr. Stay Puft are probably gonna be first day pre-orders for me.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Over9K @Over9K thats the wrong kind of Zuul, not the one we want

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on August 16, 2023, 03:04:09 AMStar Ace on FB...

"Can you guess what our new license is?"

NGL, the Terror Dog and Mr. Stay Puft are probably gonna be first day pre-orders for me.

Man.. I just sold a Chronicle 1:1 Terror Dog bust and a 1:1 Neca Slimer. Trying to narrow my focus a bit and now..this!?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halichoeres

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't realize there was going to be a dire wolf! I'll add a photo to the first post.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dragon53

dragon53

dragon53

Halichoeres

I still wish the first version of Spinosaurus had come with a better fish. The Onchopristis was clearly an afterthought.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 16, 2023, 11:29:22 PMStar Ace's new Ymir bust.

LINK: http://starace.com.hk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=713

It's ok. Not sure I need a bust though? Maybe if it were a dino?

Looking at their Ghostbusters stuff again, bit disappointed in the Stay Puft. Not sure Slimer will fair much better.   I've read PCS also has the license for statues.

Halichoeres

I'm not adding that to the first post. Nothing against it, it just seems sort of off-theme, not being a prehistoric creature of any kind. Maybe it makes more sense in the "Other toys and collectibles" section of the forum?

Prehistory Resurrection

Prehistory Resurrection

SidB

No doubt, very impressive, especially standing on that incline. It's good, too, that it has a comparable size relative to the Rebor one. I wonder if anyone has an old jumbo-sized AAA Snowdon with which to compare these. I gave mine away years ago.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: