News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sort of Back on it!

Started by Blackdanter, June 05, 2022, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Now that's an interesting way to secure a figure to its base - sandal straps. Haven't seen that before!

Blackdanter

Quote from: SidB on September 14, 2022, 12:17:05 PMNow that's an interesting way to secure a figure to its base - sandal straps. Haven't seen that before!

I was thinking the same when I put him together for the photo. Most large figures of the period use pegs to fit them to bases. My big Kaiyodo striding Rex has a metal rod that you push into the length of one leg and then into the base. That was a bit hair raising to put together when I first got it.

SidB

Quote from: Blackdanter on September 14, 2022, 12:36:36 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 14, 2022, 12:17:05 PMNow that's an interesting way to secure a figure to its base - sandal straps. Haven't seen that before!

I was thinking the same when I put him together for the photo. Most large figures of the period use pegs to fit them to bases. My big Kaiyodo striding Rex has a metal rod that you push into the length of one leg and then into the base. That was a bit hair raising to put together when I first got it.
All part of 5he ongoing effort/ struggle to overcome the 'curse of the theropods', I suppose. It never ends, apparently.

Blackdanter

Finally completed my Cherilea collection.

Crackington

Congratulations on completing the Cherilea collection*.

This is a very rare set these days (from the 1950s) and you must be one of the few people to have them all 👍

The Pterosaur reminds me of the intelligent rhamphoryncus tyrant beings in "At the Earth's Core"!

Which was the last one you got to complete the set?

*please excuse the alliteration overkill!

Blackdanter

Quote from: Crackington on June 25, 2023, 12:50:20 PMCongratulations on completing the Cherilea collection*.

This is a very rare set these days (from the 1950s) and you must be one of the few people to have them all 👍

The Pterosaur reminds me of the intelligent rhamphoryncus tyrant beings in "At the Earth's Core"!

Which was the last one you got to complete the set?

*please excuse the alliteration overkill!

Hi Crackington.

They were recently listed on Ebay so I grabbed the last two I needed, Iguanodon and Stegosaurus. The prices on these were actually pretty good all things considered and, I'd only found four in ten years, so I was very happy.

The Pterosaur was one of the first I got. The Trike and the Diplo turn up occasionally but the other four seem extremely rare these days especially complete and without bits missing.

Libraraptor

Wow, impressive Cherilea collection, congratulations!  :)

Blackdanter

Cherilea Dimetrodon and Pterosaur, a couple more from the late Anthony Beeson's collection. I simply couldn't pass on these due to the marbling in the plastic!

Libraraptor

:o  :o
 Very cool Cherileas again!
Like Linde.

Fossilized-Rubber

Quote from: Blackdanter on June 25, 2023, 11:44:29 AMFinally completed my Cherilea collection.

I really enjoy how most early long-necks have their head rotated 180 degrees so they can check their backs for hitchhikers.
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

BlueKrono

I got the black Dimetrodon from Anthony's collection as well. I missed that marbled one though - that is wild!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.