You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO Qianzhousaurus figure question

Started by SenSx, August 14, 2023, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Hello,

I'm looking for a good Qianzhousaurus figure,
but none really statisfy me for now.

I'm not a fan of the Safari one, and I have some questions regarding the PNSO.
I like it as a figure, but the head seems weird to me compare to most other representations.
The snout seems to elongated, with the wrong shape, am I correct ? or is PNSO more accurate ?
Qianzhousaurus from Prehistoric Planet for exemple has the the typical look for exemple (not counting the lips matter).
And even the PNSO mini has that look, they changed it for the larger figure.

Pliosaurking

avatar_SenSx @SenSx Botm has one that looks fantastic, not sure if you're into that line or not.

SenSx

I do like the Botm figure despite not a big fan of articulated body on beasts, but I want to stay at 1/35 scale.

Bread

avatar_SenSx @SenSx I am willing to part with Emerson Hul's Prehistoric Planet Qianzhousaurus.

Measurements: Length 24 cm with a height of about 6.4 cm.

Sorry for the delay in those measurements, I know you asked for them way back but I always get side tracked.

Edit: It was advertised as 1/35 but I feel as though it's closer to 1/30.

SenSx

Don't worry Bread, I was about to ask the creator directly !
But I'm glad to see it's not as small as I thought, quite the contrary, thanks a lot !

Well I think that's the best Qianzhousaurus out there, and I'll probably pass my first order to Emerson Hul ps_arts_oficial.
I'm still curious to know why the PNSO has that different head, who is right ?

Quiversaurus

I feel like this thread came up at the perfect time - I was also wondering whether to get a Qianzhousaurus, and am slightly dissatisfied with PNSO's 1:30-ish rendition as well.

Happy to have learnt of Emerson Hul's version, but will likely wait for another company's!

SenSx

What do you think of this Qianzhousaurus in terms of accuracy ?
I might find it a little bit too bulky, I know Qianzhousaurus is a Tyranosaurus, but it is often portrayed as a more agile one with long legs.
(But I just love everything about it except maybe the mass of the body)

Bread

This is a really nice model. Is this by Emerson Hul? Also like the touch of fuzz across the back.

I would say it's a little on the bulkier side; however, I've seen so many different interpretations of this genus. Whether it be on the heavier side, skinnier side, etc.

Prehistoric Planet's seems to be on the heavier set side anyways.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: SenSx on August 27, 2023, 11:46:28 AMWhat do you think of this Qianzhousaurus in terms of accuracy ?
I might find it a little bit too bulky, I know Qianzhousaurus is a Tyranosaurus, but it is often portrayed as a more agile one with long legs.
(But I just love everything about it except maybe the mass of the body)

Wow that's a pretty model. Done in Prehistoric Planet style too it seems! I too would like to know where it's from!

It does look a little bulkier than Emerson Hul's but I'm sure there were some bulkier individuals and some others that were slighter...

SenSx

Yes Prehistoric Planet Qianzhousaurus is definitely on the heavier side.

This is the Qianzhousaurus Emerson Hul is keeping for me, just wanted you opinion on the body.
He is also making a couple of other figures for me I will show you when they are done  :D

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on August 27, 2023, 05:04:55 PMYes Prehistoric Planet Qianzhousaurus is definitely on the heavier side.

This is the Qianzhousaurus Emerson Hul is keeping for me, just wanted you opinion on the body.
He is also making a couple of other figures for me I will show you when they are done  :D
I was taking a look at my model from him, pretty much all is the same other than the bulk of the legs. Seems like yours has way more bulk to the legs than mine,  which I think is fine and fair really. Again, could just represent a larger individual. Similar to how I don't expect Scotty, Sue, or Stan to be at their biggest either.

SenSx

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.