News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a 1990 dinosaur toy

Started by jack vince bracknell, November 12, 2023, 08:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack vince bracknell

They came in an egg with silme in the 1990s and looked like monsters in my pocket in terms of size.

i been looking for  20 years!! ty!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: jack vince bracknell on November 12, 2023, 08:56:13 AMThey came in an egg with silme in the 1990s and looked like monsters in my pocket in terms of size.

i been looking for  20 years!! ty!

I reckon we can work this out. Will need more details though:

Painted or monochrome?
What species and how many do you remember?
Hard plastic or soft plastic?
Fleshed out or skeletons?
What country?

Roselaar

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Roselaar on November 12, 2023, 09:18:41 PMFirst figures that spring to mind are Panosh:

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/panosh.htm

Funny that you're mentioning them. In Italy, they were put in eggs with slime called "Coccodino" and, unlike the original Panosh figures, each one had a kind of appropriate genus name.

Halichoeres

avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx that's piqued my interest. Do you know anywhere the whole series is identified?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Justin_

Jack Vince Bracknell, sometimes using the name Jack Vince Bracknell Berkshire has been quite busy with solitary posts on different forums recently. US military veterans. Dog behaviour. Paris catacombs.
Another bot?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2023, 12:23:07 PMavatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx that's piqued my interest. Do you know anywhere the whole series is identified?

Unfortunately no, and I'm searching for the whole list too. The original Dino Mites/Dino Brites had proper names, but I clearly remember the Coccodino series having scientific names: the picture below shows one of them, Tarbosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Justin_ on November 25, 2023, 08:26:28 PMJack Vince Bracknell, sometimes using the name Jack Vince Bracknell Berkshire has been quite busy with solitary posts on different forums recently. US military veterans. Dog behaviour. Paris catacombs.
Another bot?

I think so, yes.

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 25, 2023, 08:31:27 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2023, 12:23:07 PMavatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx that's piqued my interest. Do you know anywhere the whole series is identified?

Unfortunately no, and I'm searching for the whole list too. The original Dino Mites/Dino Brites had proper names, but I clearly remember the Coccodino series having scientific names: the picture below shows one of them,Tarbosaurus.

Well let me know if you ever find it!  There are various fan-identified lists but I have never seen anything "official."
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.