News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kap's Sculpts

Started by kap91, July 02, 2016, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kap91

My first attempt at a rex. She is a work in progress. Getting her details this weekend hopefully. Her hatchling is also in the works. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

Halichoeres

Looks good! Hope we can see some cleaner photos as you progress!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kayakasaurus

Looking good! I really like the body. If you want my opinion, I would rework the head a bit, making it wider towards the back, Making sure the eyes can see forward, and thinning the lower jaw.

Keep up the good work!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Jose S.M.

It looks great! I think I might try to do that someday, mainly because there are models that are to hard for me to find, or to expesive.

kap91

Thanks everyone for the nice replies and thanks for the tips Kayakasaurus!
I took some more pics after I attached the head. She is sculpted using cardboard,wire, and La Doll paperclay.
Now she's decapitated and suffering from a dislocated jaw ^^

sauroid

very nice. reposition the eyes and make them less bulgy and thin the jaws a lil bit. kudos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

spinosaurus1

the eyes do appear too high up and far to the side in the orbital. other then the re positioning an me not being a particularly great fan of Gregory Paul's tyrannosaurus skeleton reconstruction, this is a great sculpt. can't wait to see the texture work

Mamasaurus

Wow, this is looking good! I love seeing sculpture WIPs  ^-^

The only thing I might point out is the tail. Should the base be a bit beefier? The caudo femoralis muscle should be the primary driving force behind this beastie  :)  I don't know a whole lot about Dino musculature, I just so happen to have read a lot of interesting papers where "caudo femoralis" was tossed around a lot.  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.