News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jakapil eyesight?

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, February 09, 2024, 03:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

We are looking to add a Jakapil pair to our park, one is a full body on alert pose the other looking out of a burrow. We have eye color and a paint scheme for the one Male, the female in the burrow, should it be another color? Body and eyes?

This question lead me to wonder how well they could see and if it mattered if they could be visually different to each other.  I couldn't find much.  Stegosaurs and Ankylosaurs are said to be much like rhinos with poor eyesight? I did one page that said Scutellasaurus had great vision but I couldn't find what it was based on.

Halichoeres

I'm not sure there is any way to know that. People have studied orbit size in archosaurs (e.g. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02724634.2023.2295518), but even then they're hesitant to draw a lot of conclusions. Based purely on phylogeny I'd predict good vision, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know it's extremely speculative just trying to make as informed a decision as possible.  The only thing I have against making them so different would be that the average "Joe" may not understand they are the same species.

Here's a another quick related question. Is the neck too long?

Image of our male sculpt so far.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

My god, I dare say this is your best work yet, incredible!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on February 09, 2024, 06:14:42 AMMy god, I dare say this is your best work yet, incredible!

Well I appreciate that, but it's not my sculpt, just my concept being brought to life for our park by a friend. ;)

We do work in similar mediums though.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.