You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

380-Million-Year-Old Fossils of Air-Breathing Tetrapod Fish Found in Australia- Harajicadectes zhumini

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, February 07, 2024, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Very cool find. The fossil was slightly smashed, unsurprisingly, but they've reconstructed the head like so:

The spiracular openings are huge! Reminds me a bit of a bichir skull in that respect.

Description seems to be open access: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02724634.2023.2285000

Small correction for the title: the name is Harajicadectes
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.