News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo DinoTales lemon drink?

Started by Ludodactylus, June 05, 2024, 05:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludodactylus

Slightly tangential to dinosaur toys, but I've ordered my first Kaiyodo DinoTales figure (series 5 Protoceratops). I've seen in a few places that series 5 came as a promotional item with a lemon drink.

Telling a friend about it, she got really interested in the drink; she lived in Japan for a few years and was fond of a lemon drink while she was there, and was curious as to whether it was the same drink.

Does anyone have any more details about what drink the series 5 DinoTales figures were packaged with? And were other series packaged with the same drink, or with other products?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Halichoeres

The drink was C.C. Lemon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.C._Lemon

As far as I know, only Series 5 was sold that way. Series 1 at least was sold with chocolates; I'm not sure about the others. Series 6 and 7 were exclusive to Lawson convenience stores.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ludodactylus

Thank you! CC Lemon was the drink she's a fan of, though she wasn't in Japan at the right time to have gotten any dinosaurs with hers.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.