You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New poposauroid from Middle Triassic of Nevada - Benggwigwishingasuchus eremicarminis

Started by VD231991, July 10, 2024, 09:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VD231991

Link to paper: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsbl.2024.0136

Ichthyosaurs and sauropterygians have long been the only tetrapods known from the Favret Formation from which Benggwigwishingasuchus was unearthed, but Benggwigwishingasuchus is significant as the westernmost occurrence of a Middle Triassic suchian archosaur from western North America given that the fossil record of terrestrial diapsids from this region is still paltry. Although this taxon was found in a marine depositional environment, it shows skeletal features of the limbs matching those of terrestrial suchians, in which case the holotype of B. eremicarminis was swept out to sea like the holotypes of the non-avian dinosaurs Aletopelta, Augustynolophus, Claosaurus, and Niobrarasaurus.

Halichoeres

Such a cool find, I wouldn't have expected it in this location. I like the Shoshone name, too, even if it's a bit of a mouthful!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.