News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Photos please!

Started by DinoToyForum, January 15, 2018, 09:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 04, 2023, 01:00:48 AMI just uploaded some photos of the AAA "dromaeosaur" (Deinonychus) to the media library, since I happened to acquire one this week. Feel free to use any of them at your discretion!

These are added to the review – great photos avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, thanks! I credited you at the bottom of the review. https://dinotoyblog.com/deinonychus-aaa/

Gwangi

I uploaded the pictures of the old Safari Velociraptor on the blog. You can insert them into the review at your convenience. It should also be brought to your attention that the review for that figure has a broken link to the Greg Wenzel sculpted Safari Velociraptor, and that review also erroneously attributes that figure to the Dinosaurs of China set. While I was at it I also took new photos for that Velociraptor review (it was my own review) and replaced them. I might do that in the future too, replace or add images to my older reviews.

Crackington

I recall the Velociraptor being lumped in with the Dinosaurs of China set a few years after they came out, but not sure who was doing it. Possibly Safari themselves promoting them all together later on?

I had bought the DoC Yangchuanosaurus in the late 90s and thus knew that there were only three DoC figures, beautifully sculpted by Ely Kish. The Velociraptor came a bit later I think🤔

Libraraptor

Finally put in completely new photos for the reviews of

Larami Ankylosaurus

Simba Triceratops

Bullyland Mastodonsaurus

Bullyland Micro Tiere Apatosaurus

Furkan Nodosaurid

^-^

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 11, 2023, 08:53:52 AMFinally put in completely new photos for the reviews of

Larami Ankylosaurus

Simba Triceratops

Bullyland Mastodonsaurus

Bullyland Micro Tiere Apatosaurus

Furkan Nodosaurid

^-^

Excellent, thanks! I've ticked these of the list.

We're now very close to finally putting the Photobucket fiasco completely behind us for good!

indohyus

Quote from: DinoToyForum on January 19, 2023, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: indohyus on August 12, 2020, 08:28:53 PM
Quote from: indohyus on August 06, 2020, 08:08:51 PMJust sent the pictures for Hesperornis. Let me know if anything needs to be done with them or retaken.

Did the photos I sent come through?

Sorry avatar_indohyus @indohyus I missed this at the time, no, I don't think I received them? To where did you send them?

I think Gmail, but been so long I can't remember. Will retry when I have time. Been busy with new job and being drawn into the plastic addiction of Warhammer-40-000

Libraraptor

You can tick Bullyland Deinonychus off the list, too, since we do have pictures of it.
That Sideshow Maquette Review I posted by order of Jeremy Kilian, but I deleted the pictures after I had uploaded them to the media library. :-[

Fembrogon

It appears the Fame Master Plesiosaurus Puzzle is also missing photos; was this included in the previous lists?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 21, 2023, 08:10:23 PMIt appears the Fame Master Plesiosaurus Puzzle is also missing photos; was this included in the previous lists?

I think I missed this one before. Luckily, I found the images on the WayBackMachine, and have uploaded them to the blog.  :)

Funk

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but it has long irked me that the blog's Tyco Struthiomimus review is about the later non-Dinoriders version where the feathers were removed, while the original (pictured below), had pretty revolutionary feathers. So I wonder whether an addendum could be added to the existing review with photos of the original feathered version, or if it warrants an individual review?

Existing review: https://dinotoyblog.com/struthiomimus-tyco/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Funk on July 28, 2024, 06:05:21 PMNot sure if this is the right place for this, but it has long irked me that the blog's Tyco Struthiomimus review is about the later non-Dinoriders version where the feathers were removed, while the original (pictured below), had pretty revolutionary feathers. So I wonder whether an addendum could be added to the existing review with photos of the original feathered version, or if it warrants an individual review?

Existing review: https://dinotoyblog.com/struthiomimus-tyco/

That would be a worthwhile addition. The author of that post avatar_Gryphoceratops @Gryphoceratops hasn't posted a review since 2011, and hasn't been on the forum since 2014, so he's not exactly active to update it...unless we can tempt him out of retirement.

Or, would you be interested to write a separate review of the feathered version instead? I think that would be justified.

Funk

Sure, if it's different enough that a new review is warranted, I can do it. Does anyone have more info about its design? I know Bob Bakker was involved in some of the Dinoriders designs, which might have influenced the feathers.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.