News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Joel's dinosaur collection UPDATE!! Shane's 1/20 Torvosaurus completed!

Started by Joel, April 08, 2012, 07:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome collection there !

I see some of my favorite figures referenced here, the Rex reminds me of a more realistic Diablo from Primal Rage and the new Torvo looks like the JP Allosaurus ..one of my favorite Allos.. ;D

mmfrankford

What a nice collection! It's funny that you mention the Shapeways dinos. I have an easier time painting tiny than the big guys. I especially like the torvosaurus and bright breeding colors Rex.  :))

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 11, 2012, 05:05:34 PM
Awesome collection there !

I see some of my favorite figures referenced here, the Rex reminds me of a more realistic Diablo from Primal Rage and the new Torvo looks like the JP Allosaurus ..one of my favorite Allos.. ;D
Thanks! The Torvosaurus does resemble the JP Allosaurus:

But, just to be clear, as I said above, this color scheme is the one Martin Garratt used for the 1/10 Monolophosaurus sculpted by Jorge Blanco:

Quote from: mmfrankford on April 11, 2012, 06:03:56 PM
What a nice collection! It's funny that you mention the Shapeways dinos. I have an easier time painting tiny than the big guys. I especially like the torvosaurus and bright breeding colors Rex.  :))
Thank you! I guess I need more practice painting the smaller ones. My trouble is putting on a layer of paint thin enough to allow the details of the model to still show through. If I put on too much, stripping it off can be dangerous to the model, as I have already broken off several of the Shapeways T. rex teeth. I was able to repair it however, by using Apoxie Sculpt to make new teeth. Let me know if it's too apparent:

And here is a close up of Shane's 1/15 Tyrannosaurus (my favorite T. rex ever; thanks Shane!):

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.