News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Joel's dinosaur collection UPDATE!! Shane's 1/20 Torvosaurus completed!

Started by Joel, April 08, 2012, 07:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Because I have had a few requests for pictures of my collection, I am posting them here:
This is Shane's 1/15 Tyrannosaurus, painted by me (most of these are, but I based some off other paintings):

Here is Shane's 1/15 Apatosaurus that I just got from Darren (thank you again, sir), awaiting putty and paint:

Shane's Torvosaurus (I did not like the paint I gave it, so I stripped it off and will repaint it) and David's 1/40 Tyrannosaurus:

Some more (I am going to repaint the Camarasaurus, and maybe Shane's Allosaurus):

The Kinto Favorite Trcic Allosaurus, repainted by me to look like the one from Dinosaur Revolution, and Darren's Tyrannosaurus:

Faux bronze SideShow Tyrannosaurus and Darren's Tyrannosaurus again:

More:

I am still working on Shane's Acrocanthosaurus, and yes, that is a Keith Strasser Pachyrhinosaurus:

More:

And the end of the cabinets:

Libraraptor

tyrantqueen

Lovely, you've got a lot of statues/resins I wish I had 8)

deanm

Tylosaurus

Very very nice collection Joel!! You have some masterful resins there too, this yellow one looks cool:

Which is the Shane Foulkes Acrocanthosaurus Resin Kit, right?

DinoToyForum

postsaurischian

What an impressive line-up! It must be an elevating feeling to enter this room :).

Joel

Thanks everybody! My collection continues to grow; here is Shane's 1/18 Carnotaurus I just finished painting:

I was fortunate enough to find someone willing to part with his! I painted it similarly to the Carnotaurus (along with the Pachyrhinosaurus) in Dougal Dixon's book, The Complete Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Creatures . I figured since it's such a strange dinosaur, it needs a strange paint job. Let me know if it's too weird. I plan on painting the Shane's Apatosaurus in the same style as the Lusotitan in the book, along with Krentz's Gorgosaurus like the Tenontosaurus.

Horridus

Amazing statue collection. Far too classy for this forum! ;) Any chance of some close-up shots of some of your favourite pieces?

I'm also intrigued by the JP T. rex sculpt - which one is that?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Joel

Quote from: Horridus on April 08, 2012, 05:57:28 PM
Amazing statue collection. Far too classy for this forum! ;) Any chance of some close-up shots of some of your favourite pieces?
I'd love to. I just returned that camera to my brother in law (mine broke), but as soon as I get a new one, I'll post some more.

QuoteI'm also intrigued by the JP T. rex sculpt - which one is that?
It's Galileo's 1/18 Tyrannosaurus. It looks like he does not sell it anymore, so I was lucky to pick it up when I did. Here is a shot of another one (presumably Galileo's):

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 08, 2012, 03:12:17 PM
Which is the Shane Foulkes Acrocanthosaurus Resin Kit, right?
That's right. I'm still working on it; I'm going to feather out some more small black stripes along the main stripes.

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Tyrannosaurid lover

Well thats a detailled collection that I want have.
:(
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

ZoPteryx

Wow! Those are some fantastic models, I really like the color scheme on the Carnotaurus! :D

brontodocus

:o Now, that is a seriously lovely, wonderful collection, Joel! 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 08, 2012, 04:44:23 PM
He already said so  ???
Probably I didn't see it? Hello dyslexia ... somethings I just see over the head due to this  :-\ Sorry for that.

Dyscrasia

Awesome, yet expensive collection!

Even though I have all the SSC Dinosauria statues, I really envy those resin kits. If only I could afford them  :-[

Joel

Thanks for the additional comments, guys!
Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 09, 2012, 01:07:58 PM
Awesome, yet expensive collection!

Even though I have all the SSC Dinosauria statues, I really envy those resin kits. If only I could afford them  :-[
Unless the shipping charges are far more than I expect to where you live (South Korea, right?), then you can afford them! They are about the same in kit form as the Dinosauria statues. To paint them, it just takes a bit of practice (don't try it if you are tired; you won't concentrate very well and the job will look sloppy).

I saw Martin Garratte's build up of the Monolophosaurus, and I thought that paint scheme would look great on the Torvosaurus! I hope you don't mind, Mr. Garratte!

It's with my Krentz 1/72 WIP dinosaurs. Those guys are tough to paint.   

ZoPteryx

Horridus

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Joel

Quote from: Horridus on April 10, 2012, 06:16:58 PM
Wow. I hope you give it a good base! ;D
:o Huh? You mean you don't like the 1x4 piece of wood I gave it?  :))

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 10, 2012, 02:14:45 AM
Wow!  That looks great!
Thanks! When I get time, I'll cast a piece of sandstone and mount him on it, sort of like the Sideshow Apatosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: