News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Protoceratops' Art

Started by Protoceratops, July 31, 2012, 10:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercharge

The Eosinopteryx is so cute!  ;D

Click sig for my collection! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Thundercharge on February 15, 2013, 12:38:20 AM
The Eosinopteryx is so cute!  ;D

Heh yes it is ! Despite being an egg thief and devourer of children..er..hatchlings..lol  >:D

Protoceratops

Thought I'd pop back in and share with you some more of my paleoart.
Most of these were done during breaks between revising for a maths exam!

Appalachiosaurus

An awfully feathery T.rex and baby.

Buitreraptor.

Hypsilophodon playing with a snake - inspired by a photo of a coyote I saw playing with a snake.

And for once after my exam I decided to paint the T.rex! Mocked up ala a barn owl

This is a plan for a larger illustration I have - though this "sketch" is A3 sized! Cretaceous Spain scene - featuring two Concavenator one warding the other off his territory whilst some Iguanodon idly watch in the background. Also a little Vertidraco in the foreground.

Patrx

These are excellent! My favorites are the T. rex and the Hypsilophodon.

Primeval12

Blade-of-the-Moon

Agreed ! So much character ! I'm not sure which one I like more..the Appalachiosaurus is really cool..but I love the Hypsilophodon's expression !

Any chance you take commissions ? I'd love to see an Allosaurus by you and work like this is very inspiring to me. :)

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Protoceratops

Thank you for the comments! I tried to make the Hypsilophodon look as happy as possible that he's found (or killed?) that snake and anyhow he's got a new toy to play with!
Sorry for getting back to you so late Blade-of-the-Moon - I'm sure we could work something out if you'd like; I'll PM you - I'm awfully flattered you like my work that much!

Velociraptor mongoliensis portrait. Colours based on Egyptian geese and melanistic barn owls.

Excuse the poor photo - this is another phone-taken photo of an A3 sketch. This is a generic centipede (inspired by modern Scolopendra gigantea) having caught an unfortunate baby Apatosaurus.

Not a dinosaur, but potentially my favourite extinct mammal next to Thylacines! This is Thylacosmilus atrox. Colouring inspired by Tasmanian Devils.

Blade-of-the-Moon

No problem, I'll send you a PM.

I'd say your concept for the Hypsilophodon came across beautifully !

Protoceratops

I spent a few hours today working on this. The baby Apatosaurus is vaguely modeled after an Okapi but I think the lighting will swallow most of it. I might draw a daytime picture of an Apatosaurus-okapi mum and her kids. If anyone's wondering about the funny lighting...I'm trying to make it look like one of those night-camera snaps.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The colors looks cool ! Though for night vision..maybe black and green like a camera shot  ?  Just an idea.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.