You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

[Chinasaurs reborn 08] 1:1 Epidendrosaurus by YC Studio

Started by acro-man, August 01, 2017, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

[Chinasaurs reborn] is a series of Chinasaurs sharing threads that aims to bridge this lovable forum and Chinese sculptors so that more Chinese models can be shared and enjoyed worldwide.

Species: Epidendrosaurus
Sculptor: YC
Paintjob: Anna
Material: PU resin
Size: L34cm H12cm
Scale: 1:1
Quantity: Limited 50 copies
Release Date: September 2017
Price for finished model: $300

YC studio has many years of experience producing StarCraft themed sculpts.
This Epidendrosaurus model is their second attempt on sculpting a prehistoric creature.

Please PM for purchase inquiries.
Thank you for reading!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

stargatedalek

ceratopsian

Huskies

ceratopsian

It's very striking but perhaps a shame that the feathering doesn't reach down along the fingers.

stargatedalek

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 01, 2017, 04:29:17 PM
It's very striking but perhaps a shame that the feathering doesn't reach down along the fingers.
I'd say the wing membranes being missing is a bigger concern.

ceratopsian

I think the membranes are likely but not proven by analogy with Yi. So I personally can live with that at present.

acro-man

Forgive my ignorance I didn't know this species til now, so I thought of it in every good way.
I will deliver everybody's opinion to YC for a better sculpt in the future.

After all, imagination took the most part in their previous StarCraft creations than science and facts.
喜欢收集和P图

Patrx

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

postsaurischian

Kaprosaurus

A wild scansoriopterygid model appears!
Kaprosaurus! Go buy him!
Kaprosaurus used buy!
It failed!
The wild model flees!
Kaprosaurus is sad that he can't buy it.

In all seriousness,I wish I can buy this,Scansoriopterygidae is my favorite prehistoric animal clade of all time,so I will die happy if I get this,I know the Yi Qi by Kaiyodo but it doesn't appear here in Philippines.It's best to dream.By the way,Epidendrosaurus is a synonym of Scansoriopteryx.right?

acro-man

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on August 02, 2017, 03:40:30 AM
Kaprosaurus! Go buy him!
Kaprosaurus used buy!
It failed!
The wild model flees!

In all seriousness,I wish I can buy this,Scansoriopterygidae is my favorite prehistoric animal clade of all time,so I will die happy if I get this,I know the Yi Qi by Kaiyodo but it doesn't appear hear in Philippines.It's best to dream.By the way,Epidendrosaurus is a synonym of Scansoriopteryx.right?

Actually, I can get the Kaiyodo Yi Qi for $12 from Taobao if you wish...
喜欢收集和P图

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: acro-man on August 02, 2017, 05:14:30 AM
Kaprosaurus! Go buy him!
Kaprosaurus used buy!
It failed!
The wild model flees!

In all seriousness,I wish I can buy this,Scansoriopterygidae is my favorite prehistoric animal clade of all time,so I will die happy if I get this,I know the Yi Qi by Kaiyodo but it doesn't appear hear in Philippines.It's best to dream.By the way,Epidendrosaurus is a synonym of Scansoriopteryx.right?

Actually, I can get the Kaiyodo Yi Qi for $12 from Taobao if you wish...
How do i pay?

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图

Kaprosaurus

Quote from: acro-man on August 02, 2017, 07:39:47 AM
Paypal...
Please PM me for some details...
Nah,but thank you anyways,at least i know how to pay you if i decided to buy something.:D

stargatedalek

By the way,Epidendrosaurus is a synonym of Scansoriopteryx.right?
Correct it's a synonym.

BlueKrono

Wow, this is a Scansoriopteryx? How did they miss the membranes?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Patrx

If memory serves, until the discovery of Yi in 2015, the long manual digits of scansoriopterygids were usually hypothesized to have served a function similar to the fingers of an aye-aye; that is, extracting insect larvae from trees. Andrea Cau did speculate as to the possibility of patagia in scansoriopterygids all the way back in 2008, though! I wonder, since the styliform bones of Yi's wings are not known from the other two scansoriopterygids, is it actually safe to assume they also bore patagia? It does seem likely, anyway.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.