You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Modern animals made in 3D by miniNature

Started by miniNature, April 17, 2013, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miniNature

Hello, I'm Stijn, 20 years from the Netherlands and I make with Maya and ZBrush animals in 3D and these animals I offer in my Shapeways Shop too. http://www.shapeways.com/shops/mininature
At the moment I've only a few modern animals from Africa, but I want to build the shop to a wide assortment including also extinct animals in the future. I also try to offer my models in a wide range of scales. It's a hobby and I'm also busy with my study so it will not go very fast. When I'm ready with my first extinct animal I'll start an other topic in the Dinosaur Art section.
I like to show my models here, because on this forum are some people who are making awesome models for Shapeways. They are very inspiring for me.

My first animal I've made is the Giraffe. This was also my first experience with organic 3D models. I'd only experience with architectural 3D design.

The next was the African Bush Elephant:

And my most recent release is the Kirk's Dik-Dik:

There are also quite a few projects in development. Hopefully I can so you soon some of these.
I always appreciate feedback, so if you have something I can always get something out there.
I hope you'll like them!

Battatitan

Wow, all four look really lifelike! You've captured their grace and majesty nicely. I have to say, the texturing on the Dik-Dik and elephant is really quite spectacular.

Can't wait to see any new updates, but I do appreciate studies take time...  :-\
:)

miniNature

It's been a long time, but this weekend I've finished a new model and released her on Shapeways.
Happy to show you my Ankole-Watusi cow. I hope you'll like her:

copper

these are all wonderful! and since i love cows and elephants, i might have to buy those at some point..  ; )

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.