News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

new JURASSIC PARK sequel

Started by dragon53, April 02, 2017, 12:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

I dunno, it went from animal rights to feminism to if animals have emotions.

"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Keaton64

Quote from: Neosodon on April 04, 2017, 04:03:15 AM
You never hear of a lion giving up on hunting and becoming a vegetarian. Humans are the only animals that defy instincts and do things that don't align with any sort of survivalist behavior.

I remember reading about two different cases where a lioness wouldn't eat meat and lived strictly on a vegetarian lifestyle.  Their names were Little Tyke and Lea.  There's another article somewhere that shows that crocodiles actually eat fruit.  The opposite happens sometimes as well, like the case where they discovered a deer eating a bird, or the vampire ground finch that drinks the blood of other birds.  It's pretty cool stuff.

BlueKrono

Snapping turtles, while generally thought of as carnivorous, have been reported to raid people's vegetable gardens for tomatoes and orchards for fallen peaches. And sometimes if a white tailed deer comes across a nest of baby rabbits it will eat them all up like a Maurice Sendak book. But these animals don't switch completely to a non-typical diet. The lioness story, if true, would surprise me.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 04, 2017, 04:43:42 PM
I'm looking at this thread for the first time...

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 04, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
The closest thing my puppy eats to sand is roots.

What is even happening?
This whole thread is an April fools joke so it just kind of goes were ever.

My opinion is based off of life experience because I've lived on a farm so I'm just speaking from my personal experience with animals. I do not know much about the incidents you speak of but I do know that animals may display irrational behavior because of mental problems. I had a chicken that had  mental problems and did not have fear. All the other chickens would run from danger while it would just stand there looking clueless. Even though I think that animals run off instincts I still believe they have feelings. I can understand and make sense of pretty much everything animals do but nothing humans do really makes any sense. Humans have more bizarre behavior unlike any other animal and that is why I sort lump humans into a whole different category from just any other animal.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

HD-man

Quote from: Neosodon on April 04, 2017, 04:03:15 AMAdvanced predatory animals like lions are probably the best at thinking but most of their life is still controlled by instincts. They raise cubs instinctively, they instinctively participate in packs, they instinctively protect their territory.

Not exactly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqNY7wOTRg

Quote from: The Atroxious on April 03, 2017, 11:23:48 PMThe second part of my answer is that humans are altricial animals, which means that they are helpless at birth. Some animals are precocial, meaning that they are fully capable of functioning at birth.

Not exactly (See "Precocial" & "Semi-precocial"): http://www.stanford.edu/group/stanfordbirds/text/essays/Precocial_and_Altricial.html
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

PumperKrickel

deleted

HD-man

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 06, 2017, 09:44:43 AMI think you posted the wrong link.

Nope, it's the correct link.

PumperKrickel

deleted

HD-man

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 06, 2017, 07:05:08 PMOkay, but I canĀ“t see any of the books contents...

My bad. Forgot that Google Books doesn't work for everyone. I've since changed the link.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.